PMDG 737-800/900: Getting Auto speed to work

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

why cant i turn the auto speed on. when i try putting the auto throttle on it wont do it and lil light flashs at first. no matter what i press it will not turn on. any 1 know how to do this and why it does it

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

why cant i turn the auto speed on. when i try putting the auto throttle on it wont do it and lil light flashs at first. no matter what i press it will not turn on. any 1 know how to do this and why it does it

I don't have the program but this may help:
ARM – Arms A/T for engagement. A/T engages automatically when following AFDS modes are engages:
�� LVL CHG
�� V/S
�� VNAV
�� ALT HOLD
�� G/S capture
�� TO/GA

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

but no matter what i do it will only stay on for about 1 sec max and it goes bk off

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

With the AP of FD on and one of the vertical modes above selected, it should engage.

Try turning on the AP and setting ALT Hold and HDG select on at altitude(anything, 5000 ft.). Now try the auto-throttles.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

how do you turn the fd auto throttle on then cause it only dont come on when i doing proper flight and using fd to turn everything on

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The word of in my previous post should have been or.

I don't have your program so I can't tell you what button to push but turn everything on like you normally do. There should be an ALT HOLD button and a HDG SEL or HOLD button. Just set the AP so that it holds Heading and Altitude. Once you are in ALT Hold, the auto-throttles(AT) should work. It's not the only way to get it to work but lets see if it works at all. I think that the AP has to be in one of the vertical modes below before the AT will function.
�� LVL CHG
�� V/S
�� VNAV
�� ALT HOLD
�� G/S capture
�� TO/GA

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i see what u mean but thats a no no lol. wont work with nothing or everything on lol

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i not played it for about 5 months. and i know i used know how to do it. had to push something on the flight computer thing. but i just cant member

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

yeah, i take it that your engines are running? because if not, the entire thing won't work at all. not even the flight director

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

pilatflyr wrote:

yeah, i take it that your engines are running? because if not, the entire thing won't work at all. not even the flight director

thats a silly thing to say course they on other wise i be wounding why i cant get in sky. not why cant i turn auto throttles on

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

If you look at the overhead panel. There are two switches in the middle of the screen just down from centre a little, and very slightly to the left. You need to turn these switches on and off, and it solves the problem. You should ideally do this every time as part of your preflight checks.

If this explanation is not clear, you will find it listed in the FAQ section of the PMDG website.

Calum

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...