flight sim best controller to use

brynn Guest

Simply, what is the best type of controller to use when playing CFS 3? And may i also ask; why does the screen go 'blank' during play, seems that it happens every... 5 mins or so? Can this..be fixed ?!? I found this 'forum' and would appreciate any feedback.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

brynn wrote:

Simply, what is the best type of controller to use when playing CFS 3? And may i also ask; why does the screen go 'blank' during play, seems that it happens every... 5 mins or so? Can this..be fixed ?!? I found this 'forum' and would appreciate any feedback.

A good joystick and open the case, clean the fans and heatsink, they gather quite a bit of dust.
You should also clean out your old video drivers and load new ones.

Radar

Guest Guest

brynn wrote:

Just a general bit of advice for all graphic demanding games:
First, get the latest driver for you graphics card.

If this does not help then you can try to increase your AGP bus voltage in the BIOS. I have had all sorts of video driver crashes with CFS1 and hardware acceleration enabled. I have slightly increased the AGP bus voltage and everything is running OK now. My graphic card is a fairly old RADEON 9200 based one with only 128M memory on it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

brynn wrote:

Simply, what is the best type of controller to use when playing CFS 3?

Saitek X52 Pro (coming soon)
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.html

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...