PMDG 737NG GPS...

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

Where is it and how do you set it..i can't find it... Hack

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I hate to say it bud, but some of the new, or add on panels....just dont have the GPS 😞

Pro Member Trainee

Well then, I guess i have to install it... Smile

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

For this you need to download a manual on the FMC. Most of it is pretty straight forward, and after you get the hang of it, setting up the computer and programming the waypoints/routs off of the kneeboard can be done in 5 minutes or less. I feel strange using the MSFS GPS after using the FMC's on several add on aircraft.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yip - the 737NG panel doesn't include the handheld or Dashboard GPS.... The developers of 'super real' addons such as the NG try to make things real, and in the 737, there is no 'stand-alone' GPS unit as the FMC contains all of the technology of GPS, plus a hell of a lot more.

As Grunge as said, you need to learn how to use the FMC and then you'll see that what is really involved in NAV in the NG is setting up your Flight Plan in the FMC, and the LNAV system looks after your Airport locations, waypoints, etc.

It's complex and not as readily accessible as the GPS in the default planes but when you pick it up, it's very realistic and rewarding.

Pro Member Trainee

What is the fmc ???

BOPrey Guest

Flight Management Computer

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

The Flight Management Computer (FMC) is a mini PC on board the Aircraft (most commercial Airliners, including Props).

A whole host of data is entered, from the Weight, Pax, Route, Runway's, Altitudes, Speeds, Flap settings, etc, etc, etc....

The FMC can then use this data throughout the flight to make automated setting changes....

The effect is that with a fully fledged FMC (like the one in the 737NG), the Plane can manage a fully automated flight from the Climb, to the landing.... It can change it's Speed at certain waypoints, it can start it's descend at preset points, it can navigate a complx route, via many different waypoints, etc.

Therefore the skills involved are less about Hand-Flying skills and more about programming, monitoring, planning, communicating with ATC, etc.

Some people hate this ! I love a mixture of "Pure" flight, which I do in my GA aircraft, like the Cessna 421c, or in the RAF Tornedo... and I love the Hi-tech of the big jets like the 737NG, the PSS A340, or the Jumbo 2005.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...