A340!!! HELP!!!

longview_22 Guest

Hey there,

Ok so everytime I fly either the A340 or the A340-600 it always stalls!!! I've even tried flying it on a low climb rate but still once it reaches a about 20,000 ft it begins to stall!

If anyone out there knows what the prob is... I would really appreciate your help..!!!

Thanks

Jack[/b]

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Many very large aircraft have a hard time climbing to high altitude when heavy. Pilots have a altitude capability chart that shows what altitude is obtainable for each weight. Sometimes they have to level off and burn fuel before climbing above a certain altitude. Reduce the aircrafts weight by changing fuel and/or payload and use low rate of climb and heck that flaps are fully retracted.

I don't know the aircraft you are using, there may be a problem with the flight model. Flight model inaccuracy happens a lot with free aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

longview_22 wrote:

Hey there,

Ok so everytime I fly either the A340 or the A340-600 it always stalls!!! I've even tried flying it on a low climb rate but still once it reaches a about 20,000 ft it begins to stall!

If anyone out there knows what the prob is... I would really appreciate your help..!!!

Thanks

Jack[/b]

If you're flying POSKY 200/300 series you have to adjust fuel and payload before take off. Also you might have an old file in which the FDE hasn't been updated. The update is here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=a340-200-300-version-2004-8-5.zip&Author=&CatID=root

If you're flying SimuBuild's 500/600 series I'm not surprised you're struggling. Despite the updated FDE this aircraft behaves erratic and is impossible to control. It was originally developed for FS2002.

The only other 500/600 I'm familiar with is the CLS. Not worth the money IMO and has never been properly updated for fs9 despite claims to the contrary.

I've uninstalled all of my 500s and 600s and am sticking with the POSKY 200/300s. With Fuel and Payload adjusted and the FDE updated, you shouldn't have any problems.

Air-Head Guest

Just out of interest, what IAS? Are you sure your speed is not bleeding off as you climb, totally to your unawares, causing the stall?
Easily happens esp if you have set auto-throttle and not checked the actual airspeed....

It happened to me the first time I tried the A340-600 (freeware version) and as I understand it the 340-600 is slightly underpowered so it makes a gentle initial climb until speed has built up...

(so quite an accurate flight characteristic simulated imo)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...