Problem with Avsim A340-600

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi All,

I have just download AVsims A340-600 to use on FS2004. I have downloaded it fine and unzipped all of the files to the right place, but everytime I go to load the aircraft FS errors and says it cannot load "GAUGES/A330.gau".

I am confused. Is there any way around this?

Thanks
Leachus

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

try getting a different panel

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Did you move all the files in the A340's guages folder to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS9\Aircrafts folder? That sounds like it's probably the problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go into the gauge folder or search and delete it.
You can always get another by downloading it again, but I bet you won't have to.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Thanks for the pointers guys. I am now using a A343 so its not all bad.

Just one other question though. Any idea where the V/S button is on the autopilot? Just that everytime I try to take off on AP it tries to climb to 8000 feet in about 5 seconds, meaning that it stalls, I crash and kill all of my passengers. This is not good for my reputation :p

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Just one other question though. Any idea where the V/S button is on the autopilot? Just that everytime I try to take off on AP it tries to climb to 8000 feet in about 5 seconds, meaning that it stalls, I crash and kill all of my passengers. This is not good for my reputation :p

Your good reputation will drastically increase if you get into the habit of being more specific with your questions.
Unless I've misread this whole thread, you've exchanged one panel for another (due to problems with gauges), told us that the first panel was from avsim - the 'A343' doesn't even have an origin, but never bothered to tell us the filenames of either panel.
This seemingly trivial bit of information makes it so much easier for everyone involved. There's a big chance that someone here uses the same panel you're having problems with - but we'll never know unless you provide the information.
I just did a 'Quick search' at avsim for: 'a340-600' in Flight Simulator 2004-Panels... -- the result was: No more items in category.

With an exact filename an 'Extended search' at avsim will yield a result and we know at least which panel causes you headaches.

I hope this little reminder will make things smoother in the future... and as I mentioned before - your reputation will remain intact Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

The V/S should be on the far right of the auto pilot panel, and next to the altitude selector. Which panel are you using?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...