Pushback not working

how do you get the push back to turn? i press shift + p then 1 or 2 on the keypad with the num lock on and nothing happens. what am i doing wrong?

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

You can't turn the aircraft during pushback unfortanatly. There is are a few add-ons though which help you

so how are you ment to puch back without bumping into other aircraft?

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

how do you get the push back to turn? i press shift + p then 1 or 2 on the keypad with the num lock on and nothing happens. what am i doing wrong?

Try shift+P and then use No's 1 or 2 from the numbers above the letter keys, that's how i do, and it works.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

dannyboy2005 wrote:

You can't turn the aircraft during pushback unfortanatly. There is are a few add-ons though which help you

Unfortunately dannyboy I must correct you.
You can press shift+p+1/2 in pushback which usually turns you left or right however, in response to guests post I have previously had aircraft which do not turn during pushback. The cause of this I recall had something to do with the panel so you can either cahnge the panel or get a pushback gauge for the panel. If you take a look in the learning centre on FS9, there is a video which teaches you how to use push back correctly.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

sometimes it works, but most other times it simply doesn't work, I dont know why....

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

sometimes it works, but most other times it simply doesn't work, I dont know why....

You have to press the number fast in order for the command to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You also have to be patient, it takes about the length of the aircraft before it starts to turn.

flightsimbaby Guest

To pushback the plane, at least in PMDG, hit Shift + L or R depending on the way you want to turn. They turn rather quickly. Hit them again and the plane will straighten out. To stop any action just hit Shift+P. This should work.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

nottobe wrote:

You have to press the number fast in order for the command to work.

what do u mean by pressing the numer fast?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Shift-P must be pressed at the same time, IMMEDIATELY followed by the 1 or 2 to select the turn direction. That's 1 or 2 on the keyboard, not on the num pad. And you can't change the direction after the pushback has started. If you want to change directions, press shift-P again to stop the pushback, then again to start a new pushback in the correct direction.

Got this of one of the posts here, can't remember where... credit goes to the original author Bow Down

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

but a few time when I could turn, I turned after 50 feet straight push-back, then I push the other number and turned the opposiste direction.....

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Shift-P must be pressed at the same time, IMMEDIATELY followed by the 1 or 2 to select the turn direction. That's 1 or 2 on the keyboard, not on the num pad. And you can't change the direction after the pushback has started. If you want to change directions, press shift-P again to stop the pushback, then again to start a new pushback in the correct direction.

Got this of one of the posts here, can't remember where... credit goes to the original author Bow Down

I think this explains it all ❗ 😀

I never used to understand how it worked either but I can now categorically state that this function DOES work in fs9 - as standard (no addon).

Press Shift+P to start pushback and immediately after releasing those two keys, press either 1 for a 90degree left turn or 2 for 90 degree right turn. The actual turn doesn't happen for a good few seconds leading the user to believe that it hasn't worked.
Just be patient!

Anonymous wrote:

I never used to understand how it worked either but I can now categorically state that this function DOES work in fs9 - as standard (no addon).

Press Shift+P to start pushback and immediately after releasing those two keys, press either 1 for a 90degree left turn or 2 for 90 degree right turn. The actual turn doesn't happen for a good few seconds leading the user to believe that it hasn't worked.
Just be patient!

I have found from experience that, as long as there is no chatter with ATC either by you or someone else, you can take as long as you want to pushback and turn.

However the pushback guage, mentioned earlier, is a far easier option especially at busy airports.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Can't turn during pushback! I pressed Shift+P+1/2 to do this. But instead, the panal shows up instead! Can I change this in the Key Command options?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

you have to release SHIFT before pressing 1 or 2 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Press Shift, hold it than press P, than release both and right after you let go of those two press 1 or 2. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...