Raderman question

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I am in the market to purchase a new PC in the next month or so. I know it's recommended that we go with a large power supply to run video cards and was wondering what you ended up with? Seems like many new PC's out there are lacking wattage and wanted to know what you got?

Jetman

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A 700 or a 750. I wanted a 1000 but they didn't use them, it wouldn't fit in their standard case.
It's running everything fine and I have a pot-full of USB items and many things in the machine that eat power.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

what brand is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jetman35 wrote:

what brand is it?

All of Gateways (unlike Dell, HP, Compaq etc.) hardware is off the shelf with the exception on the p/s and case.
I asked and he checked with the supervisor and because they use so many the have Thermaltake, Antec and Enermax make them under the Gateway name.
At least it's a name brand.

They can't afford to have junk because the have a 3 year free replacement (with labor on site) guarantee.

I've been doing business with then for a dozen years as has my family and we've yet to be stung by them..

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Oh ok.. I was also considering a Gateway too. My first choice was a Dell but their power suppliers are marginal and would not take a good video card. Gateway has one that has at least a 700 watt p.s. I was going to get and then buy a g force 8800 gts video card later once DX10 is released. I could go crazy with a new PC and spend thousands of dollars but I have to do what I can afford but still have the speed and quality needed to run Vista and DX10.

Thanks for the info.

Jetman

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...