iFLY 747 GPWS

JRM Guest

Hi, i'm using the iFLY 747 and when i'm in an ILS approach, the GPWS says: 1 thousand , fifty, fourty... but at the same time i hear: too low terrain, too low terrain, continously how can i turn off this alarm during landing? thanks.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That alarm means something is wrong. I assume your gear and flaps are in the correct position but check your descent rate. If you're descending at a rate greater than *1500 FPM(normal would be 900-1000 FPM, you will get a warning because it's unsafe. I don't think you can turn it off.

*not exact

Edit: Now that I think of it, what I said above would give you a "Sink Rate" warning.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JRM wrote:

Hi, i'm using the iFLY 747 and when i'm in an ILS approach, the GPWS says: 1 thousand , fifty, fourty... but at the same time i hear: too low terrain, too low terrain, continously how can i turn off this alarm during landing? thanks.

Do you have the two Service Packs installed?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...