How do you install add on smoke?

Pro Member Trainee
slinginsammy Trainee

How do you install add on smoke? iv tryed and tryed agina and i lisen to what ever the readme says to do but i just dont see it working,HELP!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What file are you using and where did you get it from?

Pro Member Trainee
slinginsammy Trainee

i have installed the britin/french smoke

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I can't have a look at it because I don't have that file and you won't tell me where you got it from.

axe Guest

Idea ok,
depends on what aircraft and contact points.
the smoke goes into yer effects folder in fs2002 and 4
remember exact name for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in your aircraft CFG. notepad file , just before [EFFECTS];
(always make a copy(back up) of the original and put it in a safe place in yer documents); im using a example of a DC-9-51
type [SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0= 2.60, -38.00, -8.80, SMOKE_JT8D
smoke.1= 2.60, -38.00, 8.80, SMOKE_JT8D
38.00, and 8.80are your contact points at the rear of the motor.(were the smoke should come from) . SMOKE_JT8D is my smoke file and you would use the exact name of the one you installed in your effects folder.
If you know your contact points under that heading in your aircraft CFG.
then you can easily play around with the figures and get the smoke properly lined up with the motors. im suprised the smoke that you have downloaded doesn't properly explain?
i like to put a explosion and fire and black smoke on a engine for a kewl affect. and shut down that motor and try to complete my flight with a motor out,!!! 😀 😀 happy flyin
<<axe>>
oh ya "smoke.0=" yer number 1 motor, "smoke.1=" yer number 2 motor, ect.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...