Boeing 737-800 with Virtual Cockpit wanted.

Hey, i've got Flight Simulator X and FS2004 but found that no PC in the world can run FSX properly with Autogen to Max and Max Traffic, Etc.

So basically i am reverting back to FS2004. However i am looking for the exact same Boeing 737-800 series thats in FSX. Not bothered about Livery, just the aircraft and virtual cockpit.

Currently i am using Moach's 737 Experience with VC, which uses really detailed 737's 700 series and the VC is good but its lacking serveral key features in VC. I was wondering are there anymore.

Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Moach's 737 is regarded as having the best VC in the freeware department.

Your alternative would be payware such as the PMDG series.

Just got the pmdg 737 800/900 series. Hopefully that'll be sufficient.

I do have a question, how can i change the ADF on the 737 glass cockpit to the GPS view, like on FSX. E.g i wanna see airports and GPS routes/lines like on FSX. All you had to do was turn a knob and it swap the screen on the glass cockpit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Not sure I understand your query. There is no GPS in the PMDG.

After loading the aircraft, use <S> to switch between 2D and VC.
If you're having problems finding panels, hold down <Shift> and cycle through the numbers on top 1-2-3- etc.

Yeah sorry the PMDG glass cockpit is primitive but has what i need. Sorry for the confusion.

So the PMDG version hasn't got a switch for Nav/GPS so i can set the plane on AUto to fly my planned route? Or have i missed it?

If not am i supposed to fly with the help of ATC?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Yeah sorry the PMDG glass cockpit is primitive but has what i need. Sorry for the confusion.

So the PMDG version hasn't got a switch for Nav/GPS so i can set the plane on AUto to fly my planned route? Or have i missed it?

If not am i supposed to fly with the help of ATC?

What good would a Nav/GPS switch be in the absence of a GPS?
Everything is done with the FMC. It's a little more complicated than the GPS - if you have problems figuring it out, you can save yourself a lot of frustration by using one of the good tutorials that float around on the www

Here's a good one to begin with:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=brett+donahue&CatID=root

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...