Visual Runway Landings in a Jet

I am using a 737 700 to fly from Blackpool to Dublin, but every time i come to Land at Dublin it diverts me to land on a Visual Runway, when contacting ATC i cannot change airports, even thought 3 of which have ILS. All i can do is alter pattern. Is there anyway around this? Cloudy days make it practically impossible to land.

Also whats the Auto Land button for? Never noticed it until today as im usually using FSX but reverted back to FSX as theres not much difference besides it being power hungry. Can Auto Land help me down on a visual runway? Or is it an ILS thing, because if it is i dont need it anyway. I'm fine doing ILS approaches.

Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Autoland is connected directly with ILS. As for the visual approaches can't help ya. Sorry. 😉

Last edited by VegasFlyer on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total
Guest Guest

Have you set up a flight plan using the IFR? You can only land with an ILS using IFR, not VFR.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

.. it diverts me to land on a Visual Runway, when contacting ATC i cannot change airports..

Are you instructed to do a 'Circling Approach'?

Yes the flight plan is set out with High Altitude IFR route. I am using FS2004. As FSX is too advanced for its time currently.

No ATC never mentioned circling just appointed me to land on visual runway 34 and i can only change approach not runway. I find it difficult to land when 1. There are no VORs i can use to align with the runway and 2. I cant see a thing in low level cloud.

Your help is much appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

ILS is a type of approach, so try changing the approach they assigned to you. If an airport has at least one runway equipped with ILS it should be available for use. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...