Best Flight Sim Yoke/Joystick

Pro Member Trainee
Kevin (multimediakt) Trainee

hi all.

i'm fairly new to flight simulators. i've been flying in them for a few years but never jumped in with both feet. i'm trying to get the more realistic flying enviroment so i'm looking at getting a Flight Yoke/Joystick for Flight Sim 04.

are there any personal recommendations?

of course price is always an issue with a newly married man with the plan of children in the near future. Something with a good medium of price and reality would be great. actually any recommendations would be great.

i've seen a few that i've listed below, but again, i've never used any of them and personal testimony goes a long way in my mind. I use Win2k, 3.2Ghz, 1gb ram, 256 ATI AIW Radeon.

Saitek X52 (@$100)
Saitek Aviator (@$40)
CH Products Flight Sim Yoke USB (@$100)
Logitech - 3D Pro Joystick (@$40)
Logitech - Attack 3 Joystick (@$30)

thanks for your time and help everyone.
kt

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

I have just bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo which cost me £35 localy. It has loads of buttons and a throttle. Check it out. Good value for money and simple to set up.

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

I need one that rumbles, where could i get one? and oh yer, price is an issue.

Pro Member Trainee
Kevin (multimediakt) Trainee

mustangpilot wrote:

I have just bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo which cost me £35 localy. It has loads of buttons and a throttle. Check it out. Good value for money and simple to set up.

Thanks Mustang.
I've heard the Saitek's are very nice, just terrible customer support.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I use the CH Flight Yoke and the Logitech 3D Pro. I would recommend either of them. If I could only have one, it would be the Yoke. I use the joystick for helicopter , aerobatic(combat) and tail wheel aircraft flying and the Yoke for everything else.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I posted an article here reviewing some great joysticks:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4684/

Feel free to comment on the article over there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...