joystick or yoke

Pro Member Trainee
Graham (graham05) Trainee

Hello

I am planning on buying a flight yoke and pedals but before I buy them I want to know if I should stay with the joystick or not. ❓

Graham

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
spuddi Guest

if you can afford them then definately get the yoke and pedals, much more realistic. I presume you mean the CH yoke and pedals as they are the best.

Pro Member Trainee

spuddi wrote:

if you can afford them then definately get the yoke and pedals, much more realistic. I presume you mean the CH yoke and pedals as they are the best.

Yes I mean the CH yoke and pedals and thanks I will buy them 😀

Graham

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

This is what I would do- Buy the yoke and pedals and if your flying a plane with a yoke and rudder pedals then fly with those or if your flying a plane with jostick and pedals use those and so on that i belive is one of the most realistic ways on MFS2004

Pro Member Trainee

Thunderbirdman2 wrote:

This is what I would do- Buy the yoke and pedals and if your flying a plane with a yoke and rudder pedals then fly with those or if your flying a plane with jostick and pedals use those and so on that i belive is one of the most realistic ways on MFS2004

🤔 I never thot about that its a good idea thanks 😀

Graham

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

No problem

Pro Member Trainee
BoeingFanatic Trainee

I'd go with the Yoke and pedals but it's your choice.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I have been flying with my Thrustmaster FSC Mark I since 1990--Yes it OLD, I got it from Thrustmaster when they were working out of the basement in Oregon!!! I also have a Mark I Weapons Control System (WCS) that about as old--basically its a trottle with 8 buttons and a control box to change settings. These have worked well over the years. I bought a very expensive Elete Yoke and found it to be very nice, However the price tag just was too high, and I sold it and got a CH Yoke which worked just as well with far less cost and less space taken up.
I do not have the yoke anylonger, but do plan to get another CH Yoke & pedals.

I agree with another poster, if you plan to fly a aircraft with a stick--then use a stick, if you are going to fly one with a yoke (MOST aircraft are Yokes) the hook up the Yoke--Realism is what you are after.

Capt. Dennison

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Thunderbirdman2 wrote:

This is what I would do- Buy the yoke and pedals and if your flying a plane with a yoke and rudder pedals then fly with those or if your flying a plane with joystick and pedals use those and so on that i believe is one of the most realistic ways on MFS2004

I agree with TBM2. I use the CH Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant for most flying but I keep my Logitech 3D Pro for aircraft better suited for a stick(helicopters, aerobatics, combat, Piper Cub). My joy stick is inexpensive and I like having both. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

I would go with the yoke because it is more realistic when using Boeing aircraft but if you fly Airbus aircraft than i would also use the joystick. It is hard to say but I would go with the yoke. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...