fsx demo and fsx deluxe

hemal111111 Guest

i tried running fsx demo and it seems to run fine. so will it still run fine with fsx deluxe or will it not run as well as the demo version?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Kohnen Guest

I went that route myself. Tried the demo, had fun with the little mini-missions, then took my $100 gift card from Best Buy and sprang for a little present for myself - FSX Deluxe. I find that I can run it, but it's not super-impressive at this time. My machine can't be cranked up on all the graphic settings. The lower settings aren't as cool as the higher ones (I tried turning them all the way up, but the lag was unbearable/unplayable), but still functional.

FWIW, I'm running an Athelon 3200+, 2.2Gb processor, 512k ram with integrated (gag!) graphics at 64k.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Kohnen wrote:

I went that route myself. Tried the demo, had fun with the little mini-missions, then took my $100 gift card from Best Buy and sprang for a little present for myself - FSX Deluxe. I find that I can run it, but it's not super-impressive at this time. My machine can't be cranked up on all the graphic settings. The lower settings aren't as cool as the higher ones (I tried turning them all the way up, but the lag was unbearable/unplayable), but still functional.

FWIW, I'm running an Athelon 3200+, 2.2Gb processor, 512k ram with integrated (gag!) graphics at 64k.

Your CPU is on the low side (for FSX) you need much more memory and that card disappeared years ago.

Bump up your ram and get a good AGP card, I'm sure you don't have a slot on your board for a PCIe but hopefully you have one for the AGP.

Radar

Kohnen Guest

Yup, she's not doing anything impressive at all with FSX other than running it. It's a shame, this machine did everything I needed and then some when I bought it... four years ago! 😂

When the budget allows, the machine is either being replaced with something much faster/newer, or upgraded to at least run a little better with newer programs. Wife and I have already gone over upgrades. RAM as we can, and any sort of card to get the graphics off the main board.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Kohnen wrote:

When the budget allows, the machine is either being replaced with something much faster/newer, or upgraded to at least run a little better with newer programs.

My suggestion Kohnen if you're serious about FSX, don't waste your money on upgrading your PC. Wait a little longer until your Angel Wife (and I mean that with all due respect) agrees that the budget is right for a new rig.

You'll be saving money this way in the long run 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...