Amazon Trek Mission

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Hey Everyone.

Can someone give me a tip on how to freakin' turn the Goose around when you take the archaeologists to the Anaconda Temple. I can't turn around?

It's very hard! Any advise...

AstroSteve

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Nevermind I finally completed the mission. Wow no spoiler's on this one, but wait until you see what happens after you get the artifact on the plane from the temple flying back to the airport.

Good Luck!

AstroSteve

Kohnen Guest

No kidding... I must have flown that half a dozen times before I finally figured out how to get out of there. I suspect I didn't do it the conventional way, but it worked out. I was sweating pretty good by the end of the mission!

I know the missions are nay-said by many, but they do add a bit of flavor that's enjoyable sometimes. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Can you please share it with us. I still cant do it.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

there are 2 ways I found.

(1) park by the rock on the left side of the screen I think. That's where the passenger tells you to go. This should give you enough room to turn around. All you have to do then is watch for falling snake heads.

(2) the harder way was putting the wheels down and driving up on the shore. That took me a few tries, but eventually worked.

The first one worked so much better and it only took one go at it.

The mission that is giving me the most grief is the oil rig. I can't get the last worker. I can only get 2 of the 3. By the time I get the second one, eveything starts falling around me. I can't land on the catwalk.

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

Hover above the third soul for a few seconds and he will climb on board.

The key is to rescue the first two souls as quickly as possible.

Good luck.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

the second was easy, but I had to find a certain spot for the first one just so he'd get in. I also found you can just fly straight through the oil derrek to get up to the second guy which is why it was so much easier.

I figured it had something to do with getting everyone as quick as possible.

roccotwo Guest

Did anyone find the temple? It was an optional additional challenge, but I'm unable to find it. Any advices?

roccotwo

Pro Member First Officer

fly the heading you are given by the woman,bare left from there and fly down the river.look for the snake statues.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

if you look at the map, you'll see a little cove along the river - that is where the temple is. The first time I did it, I went all the way to the wrong end. I don't want to give you a compass heading because with my luck, I'd send you the wrong way. Follow the guide's instructions. Once you are over the lake, click on the map. If you flying close enough to it, your guide will say she sees it.

your trip back to the airport from that point will get very interesting.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

where did you guys get this mission? can you tell me the site or post a link?

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

the amazon trek mission comes with FSX. I don't know if yu can download it from another site.

Pro Member First Officer

I'm not sure if you get all the missions in fsx that you get in fsx deluxe.

I do know that you get extra planes in fsx deluxe.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i was afraid of that. oh well, thanx anyhow.

roccotwo Guest

It did work, thanks for the advices. One of the most exciting missions...Wink

roccotwo

rowcoach wrote:

there are 2 ways I found.

(1) park by the rock on the left side of the screen I think. That's where the passenger tells you to go. This should give you enough room to turn around. All you have to do then is watch for falling snake heads.

(2) the harder way was putting the wheels down and driving up on the shore. That took me a few tries, but eventually worked.

The first one worked so much better and it only took one go at it.

The mission that is giving me the most grief is the oil rig. I can't get the last worker. I can only get 2 of the 3. By the time I get the second one, eveything starts falling around me. I can't land on the catwalk.

SPOILER BELOW

There is a third way. I tried it after having rerious difficulties in turning the airplane around (kept crashing or refusing to turn when on solid ground).

I used pushback. And it did work 😀 (OK I admit it is a it of a cheat)

Also I found out that it is better to wait until all the snakes fall and them make your run. Only thing is to watch out for the snake surfacing out of the water right at the exit of the "bay". Just keep to the left and you will be OK.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I found the waiting for the snakes help as well. Either that, or just gun the engine as soon as your passenger gets in the plane.

guestuseriii Guest

Use Shift + P to activate the pushback. Then you should be able to go "reward"

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...