FSX installation problem

toast Guest

When I install the game after a few mintes it freezes. when I restart if I try again the istall doesnt even begin. so I remove the files from c/program files/microsoft games/fsx. then the install begins, but it freezes after a few min. HELLPPPP!!!! Crying or Very sad

amd 4200+
evga 8800 gtx with forceware 97.95
1 gb memory

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shut down the computer, open the case and clean all the dust out of the fans and heatsink.
Use compressed air and don't touch anything without grounding yourself or you short out your entire system.

Radar

toast Guest

ok, my computer is clean. still not working.computer is brand spakin' new.
today reinstalled windows.still not working. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
help me

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If the computer is new ( how did I miss this) then you have Vista.
That's using the 1 gig of ram.
Lower all the settings until it looks bad, fly in Alaska (it doesn't take too much in resources) and see if it freezes.

If it does well then you need another 1 or 2 gigs of ram, if your board can handle it.

Radar

its a custom pc. no hp, dell or any crap. its original. im running windows xp home edition, w/sp2. when I say it freezes, I mean the installation freezes. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It sounded as if it froze during flight not installation.

Defrag, go into "safe mode" and try it there.

Radar

oooooooo.... the mystery is coming to an end.
I finaly gave up this moring and decided to install the DVD that came with my vid card (dark missiah) I left it to install came back 20 min later. froze. 😛

OK. tryed to install fsx in safe mode, got error
1607:unable to install installshield scripting runtime.

I have an external DVD drive. I will see if that works, and report back. 😀

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
it worked!!!!!!!!
but my old dvd drive is screwed.
o well thanks guys!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...