FS9 and Vista problem?

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

Hello Everyone

I seem to be having a strange problem with FS9 and Vista premium.

whenever i run FS9 in the non-full screen mode it literally shuts down my system (my computer just turns off). when i run it in full screen mode, it does not shut down my system, but i get decreased FPS. it has worked perfectly in non-full screen mode for about 2 month, then all of a sudden this mess. I haven't installed any new software or anything. i do have the latest graphics cards drivers as well

my specs are:
intel core 2 Duo E6400, dual 2.13 Ghz 2 MBL2Cache
2048 MB corsair DDR2 ram
512 MB evga NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GS video card
Windows Vista Premium

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Michael

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

ok, now i'm getting crashes in full screen mode as well!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If there are new video drivers for Vista try them.
The first ones out were betas.

Put some of your settings lower, with 2 gigs ram Vista is eating more than the 1 they claim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

here is another observation,

when I disconnect the ethernet connection (no internet connection) fs9 does not crash,

as soon as the ethernet is connected and i try to load an aircraft, boom! the computer shuts off.

fs9 + vista has been runnning on this machine for a month without a problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I understand from a friend that Vista keeps a log highlighting the program that caused the problem.
You might check that feature out.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

i just got finished talking with msoft and he said it was windows conflicting with the internet connection. now contacting computer manufacturer to see how to make it not conflict 🙂

anymore ideas would be great 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...