VOR navigation.

Jon Hicken Guest

Hey there.
I've been wanting to learn VOR navigation for a while now, because it seems to make a simple flight alot more satisfying.
But anyway, I took the lesson the game provides about it, but to be honest, it's quite terrible, and hasn't made anything clearer.

The main question(s) I have is:

-How do I get the frequencies for the NAV radio?
-Where do I get the ADF frequency from?

Thanks,
Jon

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The answer to both questions is on the map(Map mode), click on the VOR or NDB in question for frequencies.

This may interest you also: ➡ http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/index.htm

Pro Member Trainee
ShockAndYaw Trainee

If you're trying to do it realistically you can get an old copy of a sectional map. You'll find all the navaids in an area on the sectional. Have a look at the map legend for details on how the VORs and NDBs are labeled. You're taught to dial the frequency into the nav radio and then use the ident feature on the radio to compare the morse code signal against what's shown on the chart. That's to ensure you've dialed in the right VOR.

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

Real maps and AFDs (airport facility directories) are great! Back in the day, you could get outdated ones free from a local airport.

Kevin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...