747-200 READY FOR PUSHBACK - Question ?

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Here's one for our resident RFP expert ......

I have managed to start this beast up from "Dark & Cold" a few times and go on to take her on a flight....

BUT.... yesterday when I tried, I got all of the engines started ok, shut down the APU etc, but when I tried to set my FLAPS, they wouldn't work... I had lost all Hydraulic pressure....

I opened up the 747 RFP's Hydraulic panel and noticed that all 4 Hyrdaulic guages were showing NO pressure !! (Not generally a good idea to take off then with highly limited flight controls!).

The other 4 guages below these confirmed that my hydraulic quantities were too low..... but how on earth do you top these up ?

ANY IDEAS ON WHY THIS MAY HAVE HAPPENED, OR HOW TO CORRECTLY SET UP THE HYDRAULICS, IF THEY WEREN'T DONE CORRECTLY AT ENGINE START ?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Allways feel free to ask anything. I have this aircraft dialed in pretty good.

The only thing this can be is: 1- You have to have the isolation valves and bleed valves open on the phnuematics panel!!!!! 2- you have to have the hyd. pumps either in the auto or cont. position. It is this simple!!!!

Last edited by Elkinallen on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

NEVER worry about the hyd. quantities. This is not a part of the program. It is NEVER a contributing factor concerning the plane systems working/not working.

There is one flaw in the program. When the apu is running and all the engines are off, the flight controls do not work from the apu with the bleed air on. This is a known flaw that the company knows about. So don't try to get concerned about that.
For ANY bleed air system to work, including crossbleed engine strting, the duct pressure - the bottom gauge on the phnue panel- has to be over 40 PSI. And if you are trying to start an engine by doing it this way, you will have to run the engines that are running up to quite a bit to get the duct press up. So ensure your brakes are set.

Remember. The sim won't allow a swtch, in many cases, to EVEN physically move if a required orevious step has not been accomplished

GO GET'M MAN 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

How ya doin with the plane. I love flying it. I made a mistake You know how you have to set the aircrafts weight on the fuel panel? Well, when I arrived at my destination I checked the total weight for Vref. I thought it did not make sense. I was 200,000 lbs heavier than I thought!!! Doh! I landed at 730,000 lbs That thing slammed down, swayed left and right, I burned up the entire runway!!!!! I should have dumped fuel. It dumps fuel pretty quickly, But the double dumb Ass that I am, I didn't Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

GPS! You want a challange? Turn off both yaw dampers on the overhead panel and 'try' to land. Add a little crosswind for more fun!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Have you used the INS yet?!?! It is fun!! It works just like the real one!!! Good job those RFP dudes did. Not too overly friendly at their site, But a beautiful product!!!!!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yeah I forgot to switch the Yaw Dampers on the other day and the plane was throwing itself all over the place !

Not used the INS yet but will soon - it's a very similar systme to the INS that was inside Concorde except this one only holds 9 Waypoints and the Concorde INS could hold 99, effectively making it an early LNAV FMC !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...