Frame Rate and Sound

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

To my surprise I just now found out that in my computer there is up to 9 frame rate different between running the simulator on silent mode (or No Sound) and the normal mode with sound. Is it in my computer only or you members have the same symptom. Please answer me and tell me if is any thing we can do about it.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yes you are right.

I am a person who is big on Sound (I am a part-time Sound Engineer), so I have my SETTINGS on Flight Sim for SOUND set at "Highest Quality".....

I recently tried turning this down to "Medium" and my Frame Rates really increased BUT, I could not believe how much the sound had degraded... My gorgeous 737NG with it's sweet metallic whoosy engines became tame and flat souding.

So I turned the SOUND back up to HIGH.... and I live with slightly reduced Frame Rates.

But for someone who is less fussy about Sound, it is a good way of seeing if you get a good increase in Frame Rates.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...