How to cancel / alter with Overspeed?

xsailor Guest

How can I turn off the overspeed indicator? All of my airplanes warning systems starts beeping as soon as i exceed 340 knots? how can I cancel this so it doesn't give any warning when I go with 550 knots?

Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
seldo Trainee

Well 340 knots is as fast B-747 or B-737 can go without something going wrong or with and engine failure. Or a surge.

I dont think there a setting on overspeed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

xsailor wrote:

How can I turn off the overspeed indicator? All of my airplanes warning systems starts beeping as soon as i exceed 340 knots? how can I cancel this so it doesn't give any warning when I go with 550 knots?

Thanks

Check out those two files:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Julie+Rhodes&CatID=root

I'm using them in fs9 without a problem. Whether they'll work in FSX I don't know. Trying it shouldn't be a problem though - the worst thing that can happen is a CTD. In that case, just delete the .dll and use the original one Idea

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

first check if your speed is game speed or true speed indicator in the option of the realism settings. 2nd take a look at the mach holder, if you go over .81 mach LOL no doubt you got overspeed.

X-3 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

xsailor wrote:

How can I turn off the overspeed indicator? All of my airplanes warning systems starts beeping as soon as i exceed 340 knots? how can I cancel this so it doesn't give any warning when I go with 550 knots

Thanks

Check out those two files:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Julie+Rhodes&CatID=root

I'm using them in fs9 without a problem. Whether they'll work in FSX I don't know. Trying it shouldn't be a problem though - the worst thing that can happen is a CTD. In that case, just delete the .dll and use the original one Idea

Or:

Fly the aircraft within the limitations of that aircraft. If you want realisum insted of arcade flying, respect the limitations. If you don't want realism, turn down your speakers and you won't hear the warnings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What's wrong with having a bit of fun?

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello and welcome to Fly Away Simulation! I understand your concern about the overspeed warning system in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). Modifying this warning can be achieved by altering the aircraft.cfg file of the specific aircraft you're using. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it:

1. Locate the aircraft.cfg file: Open your FSX installation folder, then navigate to SimObjects > Airplanes > YourAircraft, where "YourAircraft" is the folder of the specific airplane you'd like to modify. Inside that folder, you'll find the aircraft.cfg file.
  2. Create a backup: It's always a good idea to create a backup of the original configuration file before making any changes. Just copy the aircraft.cfg file and paste it in the same folder, renaming it to aircraft.cfg.backup.
  3. Edit the aircraft.cfg file: Open the aircraft.cfg file with a text editor like Notepad. Then, use the Find function (Ctrl+F) to search for the keyword "overspeed". This will lead you to the reference speeds section.
  4. Modify the overspeed value: In the reference speeds section, you'll find a line that looks like this: max_indicated_speed = XXX, where "XXX" is the current overspeed value in knots. Change the "XXX" to the desired overspeed value (for example, 550) and save the file.
  5. Test your changes: Load up FSX and select the modified aircraft. Fly it and see if the overspeed warning activates at the desired speed. If it doesn't, double-check your modifications in the aircraft.cfg file.

Please be aware that modifying the overspeed warning might affect the realism of your flight experience, as real-world aircraft have such limitations for safety reasons. However, if you're looking for a more relaxed and less constrained flying experience, making these adjustments should work for you.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need assistance with other aspects of FSX, don't hesitate to ask. We're always here to help. Have fun and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...