is the video card i have good enough?

enyce Guest

hey i have a computer system i built myself (very proud of me!) im 16 yrs old and this is wat i have built...MSI K7N2-V(MS-6729), AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 512 MB PC3200, 2 Maxtors 80 GB HDs and a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 over clocked to 300/451 Mhz. My monitor is a normal 15in, i dont see the need to upgrade it because it works fine...now is the graphics i have installed and overclocked good enough for fs2002 or fs2004? (i play at 800x600)

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First congratulations on building the system yourself, I may jump into that early next year.
Your cpu is sufficient, not fast great but good. 512mb is sufficient, it'll handle the sim without a problem, your textures will load slowly but they will load.
The card wasn't a winner to start with but with overclocking it you will get a fair return.
You'll have to run the sim at the default settings and you will enjoy it.
My old system is about equal with yours but my card is better, it helps.
You can run 2002 at a top speed and 2004 at a default speed, I would get the latest because it has more to offer.
Get the sim you'll enjoy it and yes again you can run it.

Radar

enyce Guest

ok thanks for your comment, now all i need is a copy of fs 2002 lol (wants to run at top speed Very Happy) if i cant find anything i guess fs 2004 is my only choice but its not a bad one...thanks again for your help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can get either or both practically free. 😳

http://www.freeafterrebate.info/index.php?topic=software&page=3

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
enyce Trainee

wow thanks ALOT!, this is the most help i ever got from a flight sim forum Very Happy, im going to order a copy of fs2004 rite this minute from amazon.com, im only going to end up paying 7 bucks!!! thanks alot man, and thanks for all your help again!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...