Abacus Airbus Fleet.....

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

I recently purchased the Abacus Airbus Fleet and am having problems landing.

Thus far I have only used the A319 but everytime I try to land it will bounce wildly.

No matter how smooth an angle I land at and no matter at what speed i land it is a bit ridiculous to be honest its like Im slamming it into the ground.

This has not happened in any other plane I have ever flown so any ideas on whats going wrong?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The Abacus Airbus Fleet doesn't have exactly a good reputation which means that many prospective buyers shy away from purchasing it.
This in turn means that you might have to wait a while before someone comes up with a solution to your problem. Sorry you had to find out the hard way but I wish you luck. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

dont get it. The vc on this aircraft isnt the best it acutally aint good at all. The 2d cockpit isnt bad though. The interior of the aircraft isnt the best at all either. I would go to www.wilcopub.com and get their airbus series volume 1 and soon to come airbus series volume 2 or w/e and their aircraft look amazing. Their customer service isnt good though. I once waited like 3 weeks for an email and the dude was just not helping at all.
I wouldnt get the airbus fleet though go with something else.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

dont get it.

Problem: He's already got it 😞

Air-Head Guest

I have the Abacus Airbus fleet. "Fly the Airbus Fleet"....
It was given to me as a gift...
But to be fair, id probably buy it... its NOT that bad in all honesty.

Ok the VC cockpit its not the best out there, but the 2D which I use, is absoultely fine. In my honest opinion anyway.
The sounds sets for A340 are the same as the A330.... which is dissapointing since thats a twin. 🙂 But I can live with it...

The only other flaw, is the A300 A/P it keeps trying to descend, and not holding altitude for some unknown reason. And trying to stop the plane, once its landed is a nightmare... Evil or Very Mad

But thats only three things, im more than happy with the rest of it, and all the liveries it came with are pretty good.

To the Question, I can confirm ive landed without "bumping" more than a few times. I cant think of why yours is bumping.. what FPM before landing? I know its obvious but maybe the descent rate is too high??

Pro Member Trainee
ppgstf Trainee

I have 3 Abacus products: Airbus, Fly the Fleet, 787 and Flight Deck Carrier Ops, all three (IMHO) are rubbish. I wouldn't want another Abacus product as a gift!

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

bawls327 wrote:

dont get it.

Problem: He's already got it 😞

I think I missed that part.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ppgstf wrote:

I have 3 Abacus products: Airbus, Fly the Fleet, 787 and Flight Deck Carrier Ops, all three (IMHO) are rubbish. I wouldn't want another Abacus product as a gift!

If you're referring to the WWII Carrier Ops - I agree; it is quite old though. I have the FD2 (obviously very dated too) that is absolute rubbish. Never touched the FD3 but have the FD4 for fs9 which works great. The only problem I have with it is that you have to enter via the Abacus screen to set up your flights.

The freeware carriers I have let you just choose your a/c and carrier and off you go.

All in all, the only decent Abacus product I've ever owned would be FD4.

Air-Head Guest

ppgstf wrote:

Nothing like constructive critiscim 😀 😀 😀

But judging by the other reviews ive read, I certainly wont be asking for anything Abacus related as a birthday present again. lol.

Im not at the stage where id want to uninstall it yet. But I probably will get freeware versions of the Airbus models im interested in...

Good thread!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just made a great discovery 😀 I wasn't aware that as the owner of FD4 for fs9 I was entitled to a FREE update for FSX. Should have done my homework sooner I guess.

Yesterday installed SP1 which to my surprise even on my minimalistic rig resulted in surprisingly positive results. Obviously I've got most of my sliders pointing west but at least I've got some scenery instead of desert now and framerates, well framrates -- ain't even looking; BUT only a little stuttering when I go near the big cities.

Now with FD4 in FSX there's obviously only the carrier as scenery to content with and well... water.

VERDICT: Smooth and a blast!! 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...