Configuring a new PC with sp1 out

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I was in the middle of making a decision on a new computer when sp1 came out. With Sp1 making things run FSX faster should I change some things. FSX is the only High detail game I will run on it. Remeber if I have to change some things I also have to subtract something so I don't go over budgert here is my previous configuration:

Dell XPS 410

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core2 Duo Processor E6700(2.66Ghz)
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 Memory
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
ATI Raedon X1300 Pro 256MB(temporary until The 8800 Ultra or GTX price's go down)
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
19 inch Silver Flat Panel Monitor With TrueLife

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

That looks good to me. I would do the same thing by waiting until the prices lower on those video cards. When I look at new computers I dont look at monitors or any of that because I think mine is still in working condition so that helps me price wise.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I probably would not get a new monitor if mine was not a 17inch CRT.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

That X1300Pro is holding you back more than you realize, even with your current system!!! I also owned this same card before the 7600GTKO... changing the card itself made a world of difference.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I got the same size monitor but I dont know if mine is a crt or w/e I dont know any of that stuff. A couple months ago I found out what a video card was and like took me 30 or 40 min to put it in my computer.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

30 or 40 minutes? wow....

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

lol yea lets say I am not the best with computers.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...