A340 Pro

spuddi Guest

I'm thinking of buying the "A340 Proffessional" CD.
I nearly always fly the big jets IFR (VOR-VOR) I tend to stay in the cockpit during the flight so the panel and the Virtual Cockpit are important to me.
I tend to not use the GPS much however would like to see it in there.
Also what callsigns does the ATC use to these jets?

Do you recommend I get it?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Go to http://www.computerpilot.com/ and under the "CP Issues" tab, you'll find a downloadable sample section. If you browse through them, I remember reading one that was an excellent review of the A340 professional. I personally spend most of my time in boeings and in PMDG's 737NG (fantastic plane) and the article certainly convinced me not to buy the A340. It discussed how the airbus systems generally work counter-intuitively compared to a boeing's systems, which makes the learning curve that much steeper. But hey, if you get it, let me know how it is!

spuddi Guest

I've had a look at the article, cheers for that.

I think I will get it.
I like the fact that it does things completely differently, it means more learning and i'll have another string to my bow.

I'll probably wait till chrimbo as work is crazy at the mo.

has anyone else bought this?

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Spuddi,

I'm a major Big Jet flyer - about 90% of my Sim time.... I have the A340 Pro from PSS / Just Flight and I think it's great.

The systems are entirely different to Boeing but I certainlt wouldn't agree they are "counter-intuitive"... they are just different.

It's a highly technological plane and the add-on reflects this but it's not hard to learn.

Key differences are that with the Autothrottles on the Throttle lever moves to fixed PRESET positions for each phase of flight....

Tthe FMC is good as are all of the systems... this was the first plane I learned to do a CAT III Autoland in.

It's is not as advanced as the PMDG 737NG add-on, or the 747 RFP but it is nevertheless better than any of the default jets.... you also get lots of liveries and lots of versions.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...