Phantom Push-Back

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Never had anything like this to happen before - I landed at an airport that I fly into alot, taxied to gate, stopped engines, Cntl+J to activate jetway. When jetway finished its cycle, all of a sudden, I started being pushed back - I could NOT stop it with Shift+P, or Pausing the game - It pushed me about a mile, running thorough houses and buildings before I finally closed FSX. I was just watching the jetway finish, hands were not even close to keyboard to have accidentally "hit a key" - Anyone ever have a crazy thing like this happen before?
Thanks in advance,
cthiggin

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
NSX Guest

Might be just a silly bug, if it happens more then once, you might start to worry. If this is the only time you encountered it, I wouldn't think to much about it.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Did you have your slew mode on?

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Not in slew mode - was ready to exit flight after jetway finally finished docking. I was just watching it and enjoying the views - hand were on lap, no where near the keyboard.................it was something to be pushed about a mile and through buildings and houses - and not being able to stop it - I even started engines and with full thrust - still moved backwards - If I hadn't exited FSX, I probably would be somewhere in China, still being pushed - Kinda amusing, BUT I'm a obsessive-compulsive and "always" want things to work "right" - Of course, FSX has humbled me quite a bit. Thanks so much for your interest and reply.
cthiggin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...