Helicopter landing tips?

Civili Guest

Im on the helicopter mission, where im supposed to land in different spots. Ive managed to land in that big green sqare, but the additional sqares are almost impossible to land on :S

Im using f1-f4 buttons, + the arrow keys. Is there something ive missed out on? Im either coming in too fast, to slow or to much of course. Any tips would be appriciated..

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

You really need a joystick with rudder control.

Civili Guest

Damn 😞 Which one would you guys reccomand?

Bugs Bunny Guest

I think any joystick with throttle control and rudder control would do the job, but i prefer the saitek x52, others prefer other joysticks so it's always better if you read reviews.

civili Guest

Bugs Bunny wrote:

I think any joystick with throttle control and rudder control would do the job, but i prefer the saitek x52, others prefer other joysticks so it's always better if you read reviews.

It looks good, but its to damn expencive overe here, going for 250$. Saitek Cyborg 3D Stick looks nice aswell, for 100$. Ill read some reviews. thanks!

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I personally Own the X52 and can tell you it is an awesome joystick. I think there might be more realistic choices for helocopters though.

http://www.amazon.com/Flight-Link-GS3%2B-G-Stick-Cyclic/dp/B0006LB584/ref=sr_1_25/102-4126448-7248144?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1180291952&sr=8-25ters [img]

if you are on a budget, the logiteck attack 3d pro is good.

Pro Member Trainee
Stevie (moore) Trainee

helocopters are only supposed to Hover at about 10-15ft. Come in low and slow. Flare to come to a hover and then keep in mind most newer copters have there throttle incorperated with the pitch of the blades. And its almost impossible to fly realisticly without rudder pedals.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...