Changing panel to the default panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello pilots! I was about to make a flight with an A340-300 Air France and I noticed that the panel is completely different. I downloaded that aircraft and it came with that panel, and I don't like it. It doesn't have the gauges I want!
So, what I want to do is change that panel to the 747-400 panel, or even another good panel for that aircraft.

Can someone tell me how to change panels?
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See how much of a help this is.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll see if it works.
Lots of reading, hehe.
Do you know if I can put the greg737 panel on the A340-300? I know you don't fly the big irons but I'm just asking.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

No, you can't put in on a 4 engine airplane Agus, but I don't see why you couldn't put in on the Learjet.
I am planning to do that just to see how it works. It's a beauty of a panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hmmm, yeah, that's true. I can't put that panel into a 4 engine plane.
Well, I guess I have to put the default 747-400 panel into it. I am reading thr article that RadarMan told me to change the panels.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

YES!!! YOU CAN PUT IT IN A 4 ENGINE PLANE!!! The only problem is that you'd be getting a reading from engines 1 and 2 only, and you'd have to use the CTRL+E to start the engines!!!

There's no magic formula that tells you that you cant, I use the 747 panel for my MD-11, it just doesnt show anything for the 4th engine.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

thanks for clearing that up FEM, I thought I had read that you couldn't do that.... Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ya, what you cant forget though is the layout of the engines and how the thing will read it

B
B
B
wwE1wwwE2wwwwwBwwE3wwwwE4www

That sucks as a diagram, but it serves puropse.

w=Wing

B=Body

E#=Engine #

The engines are read number wise in a left to right form. So, the greg737 or any other 2 engine panel, will give you only readings on the left 2 engines

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...