How do we reduce or eliminate the "Blurries" post

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers,
I have really noticed the bad "blurries" after SP1 - How do "we" deal with those rascals? - I "know" not everyone is experiencing them, but a lot of folks are - especially if you attend other forums.
Your help and expertise is always appreciated.

Anthlon 3800 Single Core - 3 gig ram - 22" WSM, 8800GTS

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest

i think you have to install SDK again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Thanks to all that have responded.
I added the line suggested at the MS site - .033 - Restarted to no avail.
I have tried anti-bilinear-trilinear settings - lowered my global texture to med - Still Have Blurries.
The "only" thing I know has changed is a new Nvidia Driver for the 8800Series - (Mine is the 640meg version)
I have my fps locked at 30 - I am getting anywhere from 12.8 - 29fps, of course, depending on where I'm flying.
I used the "mission" Aleutian Cargo Run as a test. After many changes and setting, the take-off gravel is very blurry - the shore lines are virtually straight lines -
What am I to do??? I did the "upgrade" install of SP1, no "add-ons" were present. Other forums with the "blurries" say to do a "clean" install from scratch???? I haven't seen this here - which is "my" holy-grail for solid info.
Please help if you can. PS - I have "NOT" tweaked nVidia's Control Panel.

Thanks again in advance..........
cthiggin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try the control panel first, NVIDIA, set AA to 2X AA to 16X. mip map to quality.

If you still have it, uninstall SP1.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

I've written about these issues on a couple of posts (see http://www.flightsimx.co.uk/?p=399 and http://www.flightsimx.co.uk/?p=415). The changes mentioned there have completely removed all blurries for me.

Cheers,

Mark

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

See if this helps.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3234

Radar

I went to that link that you suggested and when it came up it said I have been banned from this Forum seeing how i never been there before?????

weird...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

See if this helps.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3234

Radar

I went to that link that you suggested and when it came up it said I have been banned from this Forum seeing how i never been there before?????

weird...

If you have AOL that may be the problem, also the hosts firewall may be stopping your ISP.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

thanks RM

also regarding this post

in FSX i experience a completely black shadow on the aircraft.

such as if the sun were to my left then the whole right side and belly of my aircraft is black with no color at all, has anyone experienced this and is there a way to fix this

thanks in adv.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

thanks RM

also regarding this post

in FSX i experience a completely black shadow on the aircraft.

such as if the sun were to my left then the whole right side and belly of my aircraft is black with no color at all, has anyone experienced this and is there a way to fix this

thanks in adv.

Post a screenshot.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

dont have a program with which to capture one sry... and dont plan on getting one in the future. best i can do is describe it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

dont have a program with which to capture one sry... and dont plan on getting one in the future. best i can do is describe it.

Free, the app and Photobucket.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

thx RM ill look into those but right now my PC does not have internet so im using my grandparents and sisters, and using a flashdrive memory stick to d/load and transfer them but i will look into those.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

JarJarBinks wrote:

Look closely at your keyboard. It should have a key that says "Print Screen" or "Prt Scrn" or something similar. Press it. Standard feature of Windows. paste it into Windows Paint and save it. Also a standard feature of Windows. All standard Since Windows 3.1 (or before? DOS?)

Also, pressing the "V" key within FSX will capture and save a screenshot; you just have to find it.

mdaskalos

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...