How hard is this game?

Well, I turned 14 today, and with my birthday money I was planning to buy FS2004. But I'm wondering, is the game too hard for a 14 year old? How hard is it? Is it pretty easy to understand, or does it take months to learn how to fly? I'm wondering if I'm old anough to learn how to play this game. 😕

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We have members younger than you.
If you want to try it.
Here is a link to the demo of FSX the new version, your computer may not be able to run it at full slides.
Run it the best you can.
If it's too much for your machine then move the slides down a little.
2004 is easier on a machine to run than FSX but it'll give you an idea.
Fly a small single engine aircraft, don't go for an airliner, fly the trike first.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/downloads.html

If you have a joystick you'll enjoy it more.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

I have to agree with Radarman - no reason why a 14 year-old shouldn't be able to play FS. At age 35, I'm an old man in the flight sim community 😀

You'll need patience and a willingness to learn. If you have those, your age really isn't important.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

The most important thing is that you have a passion for flying otherwise it will be very boring. 😉

easysleazy Guest

If you have a joystick you'll enjoy it more.

JUST TRY TA GET A JOYSTICK WITH TWIST HANDLE FOR THE RUDDER CONTROL!
flyin is easy, the flying tutorails are fun in the sim 😎

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

antone wrote:

At age 35, I'm an old man in the flight sim community 😀

not hardly, my freind. check out the flightsim network, or the the old hangar or even netwings. there are lots of ex pilots there who have seen mandatory retirement.
😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

im 14 gonna be 15 and my first flight sim what FS98

and I loved though I was a believe 5 or 6 i only flew the cessna but i could land and takeoff and as i grew older i began to learn more and more. the more you fly and ask questions here the more fun FS will be

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...