turning on pushback

jhalus Guest

hey

I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to turn the plane when you are pushing back. I know you have to set a key on the keyboard... but when i press the assigned key, nothing happens.. I have no idea what the problem is. num lock is off.. I'm pressing the right key... help!

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use Shift+P then wait, it's slow at first.
If it doesn't move do it again, it works.

Radar

jhalus Guest

yeah i know how to pushback... but it's just how do you turn while pushing back... like in real life how the pushback cars turn the plane so that it doesn't have to do a 90 degree turn to actually taxi on the taxiway

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Turn, #1 right-#2 left.
Again it takes time to start.

Radar

juu-geebeans Guest

i believe right after you press shift + P you press #1(1) or #2 (2) on yer NUMBER PAD, (the right hand side of the keyboard on mine). theres a trick to get it rite

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

juu-geebeans wrote:

i believe right after you press shift + P you press #1(1) or #2 (2) on yer NUMBER PAD, (the right hand side of the keyboard on mine). theres a trick to get it rite

no dont press shit and p. shift and 1 = right 2=left.

use shift and p first to get pushed back then hold shift then double click 1 or 2 which ever way you want to go. by double clicking you not stopping the plane and it will do it in one move. but it take about 10 sec before it turns so you got time it just right

juu-geebeens Guest

ya, thats what i meant, after you push shift + P, you release, then push 1 or 2 , one turns the tail to the left and 2 turns the tail to the right ,( while sitting in the aircrafts pilots seat )
BUT, some people say it works with the regular number 1 and 2 keys, im gonna try it i always used the number pad ones!? 😂
(Probably messing up my trim that way)

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

jhalus wrote:

yeah i know how to pushback... but it's just how do you turn while pushing back... like in real life how the pushback cars turn the plane so that it doesn't have to do a 90 degree turn to actually taxi on the taxiway

Rob Barendregt has a gauge that you can control the distance pushed back before turn, the turn direction (left , right) the degree of turn with the addition of talking to the ground crew.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2634/fsx-groundhandling-gauges-pushback-taxispeed-control-etc/

Pro Member Trainee
freak316 Trainee

i downloaded rob Barendregt gauge but eveytime i run it i get a sound error. how can i fix this or can i still use the gauge with out sound.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

FYI RB has made more than one gauge... he wrote the book as some would say. Give us the filename and we'll have a look at it.

Pro Member Trainee
freak316 Trainee

Groundhandling gauges V5.0. i followed the readme file and put the wave files in the folder. the guage comes up. I put the parking brake on and start up the push back but the parking brake will mot disengage and i get a sound error notice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Since you've posted your query in the FS2004 Aircraft Forum I must assume that you are using FS2004 rather than FSX.

The gauge you are using is for FSX:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2634/fsx-groundhandling-gauges-pushback-taxispeed-control-etc/

Pro Member Trainee
freak316 Trainee

i have fsx i just did a search and found the topic. so is there anyway
to get the program to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There certainly is. Inside the .zip folder you'll find amongst other bits and pieces 3 .txt documents.

The one entitled 'README Groundhandling5_01.txt' is the document you must study and follow it's instructions to the letter.

Take your time and do NOT skip any parts and everything will turn out just nicely Read

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...