Anyone even have it?

Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

I got MS Train Sim. Saw it in some magazines and also played it and was convinced to buy it. I got it cause i used to play with trains when i was younger and wanted to conduct the train i had and now i get to do that (in a way 🙂 )

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I bought the first one about a year ago, it was fun for a while but pales in comparison to fs9.
I too had trains as a kid and loved them.
After a while the downloads for the train sim bloated the file to 3 times the original size (my fault).
The truth, the most fun I had with it was blowing the whistle lol!

Pro Member First Officer
Andrenaa First Officer

Well we've got Flight Simulator - Train Simulator - maybe Ferry Simulator, now that would be brill. Think of it, you could set off from Dover and sail your ship to Calais in France in rough seas. Think of addons - Stena line, P&0,Isle of Man Steam Packet, the list goes on. But you'd need a hefty PC to tackle such an application. I for one would definately buy a possible future title cleverly named Microsoft Ship Simulator (i'm not joking). 😎 Does anyone know if this could be a reality?

Tomthetreeman Guest

😀 Out in time for the summer Ms Treedoctor

Mmmm cant wait to get my hands on a nice big jucy Oak
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

What about fishing simulator............. LOL

Pro Member First Officer
Andrenaa First Officer

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't!

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

patw wrote:

What about fishing simulator............. LOL

There are in fact Tournament Bass Fishing sims available. Hugh 250 HP bass boats, multiple lakes, tackle boxes with tons of lures to choose from, etc. If you can't catch 'em in real life, make up for it here. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Just installed it today.....All it ever does is crash.........

Hmmmmm....The game tell you to go to MS sight for better drivers....But their site says there are none......Go figure......

Frisbee anyone??????????? LOL

Also was wondering if another driver would help,will it mess up my plane setting drivers?????? Who knows......

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Harleyman,
See if any of these help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/common/canned.aspx?R=d&H=Articles+About+Train+Simulator&LL=&Sz=kbTrainSim&Fr=&DU=&SD=GN&LN=EN-US&CND=1&VR=&CAT=&VRL=&SG=

Amazing, after looking at all of these problems how did I get it to work at all ❓

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks RadarMan....I found that yesterday and looked again this morning but they have nothing about complete crashes.....

After three tries,,I wrote MS tech and possed the questions to them..Should hear back in 24 hours......

Thanks for your speedy reply bud....You Da man..........Mason

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Harleyman,
Did you see this cool toy, a little rich for my blood but what a kick it would be to use this.
I would opt for a yoke and pedals for my Flight Sim first then this might be an option.
It sure would make it more fun (realistic).

http://www.raildriver.com/

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

He he, not really my field - but you guys spotted the RailDriver...:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/430/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer

Yea...I saw the rail driver....looks pretty cool....well without any MS help I think I solved the prob...Something about the game in GMax,and I dropped my ,,,forgot,,down from 8 to 6X(3D) in my card and it hasen't crashed yet...but it did freeze once causing me to reboot.........

FlwAway...Will you buy me the raildriver for my birthday????? Please.....LOL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Ghost22 wrote:

I got MS Train Sim. Saw it in some magazines and also played it and was convinced to buy it. I got it cause i used to play with trains when i was younger and wanted to conduct the train i had and now i get to do that (in a way 🙂 )

I got MS Train Simulator too. It's a very good sim. I also used to play with trains when I was young. I watched some train models and I like it. It's very nice. About the game, I really like it. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I have Train Sim, and think it is superb. I have to agree with other comments that it pales into insignificance in comparison to FS9 but it is a nice alternative to do a London to Brighton every once in a while.

Very relaxing and satisfying.

Micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

My dad always wanted a calf, so i told him i'd write to microshaft and request a Microsoft Cow Simulator 2004, A Century of Fright!

tonymantis Guest

anyone wanting to know of any shipping sims available may be interested in this link http://www.shipsim-secure.com/

Pro Member Trainee
Happyfeet Trainee

Bought MSTS from walmart the day it came out, got hooked, built my own line, spent days on that for about a year until I bough MSFS00

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...