IFLY 747-400

Pro Member Trainee
ken hanson (veshagoo) Trainee

does anyone know how to make this aircraft show up in fs2004..it said it was original aircraft, but i installed it and cant find it in the game...do you know if it is only panels or whta..thanks for any help

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A little more about it please, exact name...a link to it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

fly74710.zip.....sori about that..it is from avsim..rgds ken

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you read this and is your computer up to it.
Read-me*****************************
System Requirements:
This product is only compatible with FS2004, so of course, FS2004 is required. For your computer, we recommend you have a 2.0 GHz machine, with a 64 Mb memory video card. System memory should be a minimum of 512. HD should be a minimum of 300MB. Low-end on-board sound chips are NOT recommended. A plugin sound card, such as a Soundblaster Audigy, is recommended.

IMPORTANT: The iFly 747-400 WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY without GDI+ on Non - WindowsXP operating systems.
Our aircraft uses GDI+, Microsoft's cutting-edge graphics device Interface technology available natively only in Windows XP. Such Technology can be made available to other Windows operating systems by visiting the link below and installing GDI+ as per the instructions given. It is preferable that the user installs the redistributable in their Windows system folder, but they can also choose to place the GDI+ DLLs in their default FS2004 installation directory, if they so choose.

Did you download and install this.
This is the first time I've seen something like this required????

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a63ab9c-df12-4d41-933c-be590feaa05a&DisplayLang=en

Aircraft.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2790/fs2004-ifly-boeing-747-400/

Did you also download and install the top three.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

hi..thanks for the reply...ive read all that..i have a new machine bought it in november last year.i have 2.0 ghz with windows xp..i downloaded all three of those files...my computer is powerful enough, i didnot download that gdi thing because i have windows XP...do you think i should download the gdi?...thanks for all your help..appreciate it..rgds ken

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No don't download it, you probably have it built in.
Personally I think if you use the exe (executable) and it doesn't show forget about it.
They make things to complex.
Downloading and installing changes to an OS is a bit much to ask for one aircraft.

Get one from one of these if you don't want a pay one.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks for the help sir...for the life of me i dont know why these programmers spend so much time making such a great airplane and then make it so complicated to download.....should i only delete the model of the file, i guess i shouldnt delete everything (including those 3 weird ones)..or can i??? i deleted a whole bunch of aircraft (the whole files) and fs2004 would not work...i had to restore my computer to the previous day..thanks again for bailing me out radarman ..rgds ken

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can delete it but if you don't need the space on your h/d I wouldn't bother.
It won't slow up the Sim just the loading time from splash to menu.
I usually leave them, the gauges are loaded and you shouldn't touch those.
I know, they make it too difficult at time and other times the instructions are short or nonexistent.
We shouldn't complain, they are nice enough to spend hundreds of hours on it and then give it free.

Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

RadarMan is correct we should'nt complain...but... 😀 the I FLY 747 is absolutely stunning but when i tried it the autopilot would'nt work and then they came out with the fixes that were about 22mb each, unless you downloaded the third one which was about 32mb FOR A FIX 😳 😳 . 25% of my hanger does'nt come to that,-ish 😀 .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

too much hassle for me... i'll go get PMDG first...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...