fs9 keeps crashing

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

everytime i put fs in full screen mode it crashes....sometimes within a few seconds or several minutes.....but how do i keep this from happening?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Without knowing your system specs. I would guess, overheating, old video card or drivers, low wattage power supply.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I am curious to know this solution as well... on my FS9 I can fly for half hour or less and no problem... as soon as I fly a longer trip... either halfway into it or upon landing... either

A- computer completely freezes up like it is going into standby mode... no way to get it out of it except to turn off power and restart it...

B- it will just totally reboot itself.

Now my system is pretty good... AMD dual core 3 ghz, nvidia card (i forget which model but one of the newer ones... has like 256megs on board...) 2 gigs ram, and the only other programs running are grab click save (which seems to be part of the problem... that keeps crashing on me from time to time too...) and all the system programs.

It is VERY annoying.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

I am curious to know this solution as well... on my FS9 I can fly for half hour or less and no problem... as soon as I fly a longer trip... either halfway into it or upon landing... either

A- computer completely freezes up like it is going into standby mode... no way to get it out of it except to turn off power and restart it...

B- it will just totally reboot itself.

Now my system is pretty good... AMD dual core 3 ghz, nvidia card (i forget which model but one of the newer ones... has like 256megs on board...) 2 gigs ram, and the only other programs running are grab click save (which seems to be part of the problem... that keeps crashing on me from time to time too...) and all the system programs.

It is VERY annoying.

Dump your screengrab and try screenhunter, it's also free.

http://wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I will give that a shot Radarman... but I took a flight last nite from KPIT to KFLL without even having grab click save active or loaded... same issue... by time i hit virginia... computer rebooted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

I will give that a shot Radarman... but I took a flight last nite from KPIT to KFLL without even having grab click save active or loaded... same issue... by time i hit virginia... computer rebooted.

There are some scenery bugs in FS9, that may be one of them.
If you take a different route of the same length of time and not crash then it'll be the scenery.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

hmmm i will have to analyze that... it has happened over tampa which i have not changed... also in philly... not changed... seattle... and virginia...

by the way sorry dorianee, did not mean to hijack your thread there!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...