Working Features i.e. doors, baggage doors etc.

Pro Member Trainee
gabejo Trainee

Many a/c have operating doors by using (Shift E, possibly 1, 2 etc. for operating doors. On some a/c which advertise functioning features this doesn't work. The message comes up which reads "door opening" but nothing happens. Is this a design glitch or is there a piece of code missing?
Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1- They may be 2002 aircraft or meant for CFS.
2- He (the designer) may have used different key combinations for that aircraft.
3- Let us know which aircraft so we can take a look, we need the exact zip, download location etc.
4- Sure something could be missing.
5- Maybe he lies allot! Liar

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gabejo Trainee

one aircraft is the BOAC 707 which I know is fs2000, but the other is the new 7e7. Both were downloaded off SunClaro. An odd thing with both the 707 and the 7e7is the throttles. I can't get the 4 throttles to operate using the throttle slide on my joystick, despite using the "E" and 1234 keys. On the new 7e7 the engines respond to the joystick, but the levers remain still and don't move unless you click on them? Hmmmm

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm surprised that you can even see the 2000, it's design tools are ancient by the 2004 standards.
As for the other we would have to know exactly which it is so one of us could download it.
I'm not much with big iron, just a run-of-the-mill tail-dragger but TTT and some of the members here are accomplished commercial flyers.

I wouldn't worry to much if this is the only aircraft that doesn't respond to your stick but does to the panel levers, it could be the way your stick is calibrated and the way the designer set up the controls.
If it happened on all the aircraft then It would be a problem to clear up.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Doors dont open ❗
Some aircraft d/loads will have doors that open via the Shift,E,1,2,3 method,others you have to asign a key in settings.
Tailhook works the cargo doors on iFDG aircraft,while on SGA aircraft tailhook operates the landing lights
Check the readme file that came with the d/load

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...