Exits

Knikki Guest

Hello FS'ers

I have a very short and simply question which has been bugging me for a while. You have to open the exits of an aircraft by pressing SHIFT+ and then either leave it like that or press 2 for the cargo doors to open. The problem is I can open the normal exit doors and the cargo doors but then when I try to close the cargo doors by pressing SHIFT+E+2, the normal exit doors close and I cannot anymore close the cargo doors. This is highly frustrating as on some aircraft the airstairs are assigned to this command and I cannot retract them (instead when I'm SHIFT+E+2 constantly, the normal first exit doors open/close).

Does anyone have the same problem or does anyone know how to fix it?
Help would be much appreciated,

Kind Regards,
Knikki

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
exactproblem Guest

😞 I have the same exact problem but, i can open and close exit fine with shift + E, but find it somewhat immpossible to open or close cargo doors.
sometimes ya never know if ya hafta assign a joystick button for tailhook or wingfold or what?!
So I just gave up and never open doors anymore 😉

Knikki Guest

Thanks for your reply

yes i know but its so frustrating, is it a bug or something or de we have to download a patch maybe? perhaps assign another button for the cargo doors?

regards, knikki

opencargodoors Guest

like i said i don't really know
go to FS2004 AIRCRAFT FORUM,
first page about halfway down the list is
"OPEN CARGO DOORS"
theres a link in there for some kinda gauge, never tried it but maybe?
😕

guest Guest

hey I have the same problem but when i go to the settings to change the key for cargo doors it only has doors for you to change. It doesnt say main exit or cargo door. So if i change the key doors does that include cargo doors etc

I need help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I belive it does. Logically if you change door key assigments you change them for all doors. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

opencargodoors wrote:

like i said i don't really know
go to FS2004 AIRCRAFT FORUM,
first page about halfway down the list is
"OPEN CARGO DOORS"
theres a link in there for some kinda gauge, never tried it but maybe?
😕

the gauge
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2646/fs2004-cargo-door-gauge/

It works but you are adding a button on the panel to operate the door if you are in any other view the gauge is not available.

nononono Guest

😞 so i wont be able to see the stewardesses open the doors.
dang there is supposed to be two doors that open. i did it once but have forgoten how i did it because i was pressing keys at random! Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

😂 I guess you could alway place the gauge next to the stewardesses seat if you have such a view.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...