Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Controlling taxi speed/pushback

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi guys,

I hv 2 questions regarding ground handling in FSX.

1. Any clue how to maintain a constant taxi speed in a 747 or 737? I mean without throttling up and down constantly. I tried using the autobrakes on but was not too happy with it. I'm sure there must be some proper way of doing it.

2. During a pushback every aircraft's kneeboard suggests pushing 1 or 2 for turning left or right. But it never happens! Wot is the right way to do this?

Cheers

5 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

1. You just have to play to get the right amount of thrust. It's like driving a car, you can't say "Push the accelerator 2 inches to go 30MPH". Either that or get a taxi panel so you can set the speed.

2. You have to hold 1 or 2 for a good few seconds for it to take effect.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

About the pushback, it usually works out for me. When I got to pushback I press SHIFT+P, release the keys and quickly press 2 (you can press it several times to make sure it does turn).

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

For taxing, i would suggest using autopilot for speed.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this tutorial from our knowledge section helpful:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/38/how-to-use-jetways-pushback-in-fsx/

Kallol Guest

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:43 am     Post subject: A note of praise !=12pxThis is an outstanding addon gauge !
I use FSX , and it has been a paid to taxi with low and controlled taxi speed and also the push back operations was cumbersome too ! thank you my friend for developing this way around to deal with both the issues at last. I wish I had come across this page earlier, would have been lot peaceful lot earlier 

thanks again !!!!!
Regards
Kallol Nath
Kolkata , India