Controlling taxi speed/pushback

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi guys,

I hv 2 questions regarding ground handling in FSX.

1. Any clue how to maintain a constant taxi speed in a 747 or 737? I mean without throttling up and down constantly. I tried using the autobrakes on but was not too happy with it. I'm sure there must be some proper way of doing it.

2. During a pushback every aircraft's kneeboard suggests pushing 1 or 2 for turning left or right. But it never happens! Wot is the right way to do this?

Cheers

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

1. You just have to play to get the right amount of thrust. It's like driving a car, you can't say "Push the accelerator 2 inches to go 30MPH". Either that or get a taxi panel so you can set the speed.

2. You have to hold 1 or 2 for a good few seconds for it to take effect.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

About the pushback, it usually works out for me. When I got to pushback I press SHIFT+P, release the keys and quickly press 2 (you can press it several times to make sure it does turn).

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

For taxing, i would suggest using autopilot for speed.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this tutorial from our knowledge section helpful:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/38/how-to-use-jetways-pushback-in-fsx/

Kallol Guest

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:43 am     Post subject: A note of praise !=12pxThis is an outstanding addon gauge !
I use FSX , and it has been a paid to taxi with low and controlled taxi speed and also the push back operations was cumbersome too ! thank you my friend for developing this way around to deal with both the issues at last. I wish I had come across this page earlier, would have been lot peaceful lot earlier 

thanks again !!!!!
Regards
Kallol Nath
Kolkata , India

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...