Taxi speed???

Ant478 Guest

Hi all, what speed do you taxi at? Also, is there some kind of keystroke to give u a pre-designated taxi speed? Many thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

1. Depends on the aircraft
2. No
3. You're welcome

1- in detail, generally keep below 22KIAS in jet aircraft, stay at or below 15 in GA aircraft.
2. You CAN get panels that have taxi gauges, but they usually blow.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Rule of the thumb:

Straight taxiways, you can do 20-25 kts.
Slow down to 10-11 kts for turns (some passengers hate being thrown into the lap of the person sitting next to them).

Bogysim Guest

There is no min. or max. Taxispeed.
As long as you have your aircraft under control it's alright.
I know pilots who taxi their 737 at 35kt. on straightway taxiways.

cheers,

Tom

Ant478 Guest

Thanks for the replies, they are much appreiciated! Yeah, i guess the taxi speed does vary, i can remember being on a JMC 757, and that was taxiing quick! i must of been doing about 30-35 mph, i dont know how fast that is in knots! By , the way, im getting sponsorship by the RAF next year to become a pilot 'YAY' 🙂. Anyone else here a pilot, FEM?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

If the pilots are taxiing at 35kts, they better not get caught. Most airlines have limits on taxi speeds.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...