Keyboarding the Radios?

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Is there a way to operate the radio/nav stack from the keyboard rather than going to the mouse?

I have my right hand on the joystick and to manually operate the radios i have to come off the stick and grab the mouse.

Also is there a quicker method (without leaving FS) for looking up frequencies besides the info in the GPS? Seems like too many page flips and scrolls to get through just to find out what a particular ILS freq is. I end up pausing and going off FS to sites like AirNav for the info

Thx

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

Hey Brook
as far as the radios im not sure of a way to control the radios with the keyboard i know some add on software like fs2crew and i think radar contact allow you to do this but as far as stock fs im not sure....

as far as ils freq i find that the best way to get the freqs is to use the chart finder on vatsim to find the airport charts for the arrival airport then i either print out the charts for the rwys or just write them down..you can also use the map feature in fs to click on the airport and it will list all the need freqs right there.

hope that helps a little

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...