ANY DECENT REPAINTERS OUT THERE?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi there

I was wondering are there any decent repainters out there because I would really like to have my own repaint on my IFDG A319 - 111. Unfortunately I cannot get Davec to to it properly so I was wondering anyone else?

If so you can send me a PM or just reply here.

Thanks SteveT

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hi there

I was wondering are there any decent repainters out there because I would really like to have my own repaint on my IFDG A319 - 111. Unfortunately I cannot get Davec to to it properly so I was wondering anyone else?

If so you can send me a PM or just reply here.

Thanks SteveT

Once you've been perusing these forums for a while, you will realise that there are many "decent" repainters in this huge community. What you're probably not aware of at this stage is that to repaint an aircraft requires a lot of effort and work.
So if you want to place an order for a particular livery on the fly, you might just have to make the prospective repainter an offer he can't refuse. Devil

Good luck,
Rick 😀

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

For SteveT/Mike
Arrived home again mid-morning and started your Airbus A319 repaint - didn't even go on the Net as in my last PM on Wednesday before leaving I promised you that I would get on with it when I returned. Actually spent the last 5 hours producing something to show you. For a break, I went into the forum and was surprised to see your public post saying that I "would not or could not do your repaint." My only warning to you was that IFDG had stringent copyright rules which they strictly maintained and I would not break these copyright rules but certainly advised you that I would still do the repaint. Yours and Tailhook's comments of getting a 'decent' repainter to do your repaint were uncalled for and implied that I was other than a 'decent' repainter. I note that you intend to invite others via PM to do your repaint. Let's hope that you have got someone to accept your repaint, but if like with me, you get on to the repainter two and a half hours after acceptance to show you something of the repaint, then he/she will give you 'short shrift'.
I know you are quite young, with a built-in low patience threshhold, but you have got to realise that repainting is a tedious, trial and error process usually done by amateurs, with many other commitments, who you cannot expect to answer to your beck and call 24/7 and certainly will very seldom accept a repaint job with a deadline. Still, all good luck to you and your new repaint.

As in the old UK TV show 'Bully', when a contestant was unsuccessful - Jim Bowen, the compere would say " Hard Luck - come and see the prize you might have won!!" In this case, it is "Sorry, you would rather have a 'decent painter' - here is what you might have ended up with ( well 30% of it - all I've had time for)" -

Pro Member Captain

[quote="Tailhook]Once you've been perusing these forums for a while, you will realise that there are many "decent" repainters in this huge community. What you're probably not aware of at this stage is that to repaint an aircraft requires a lot of effort and work.
So if you want to place an order for a particular livery on the fly, you might just have to make the prospective repainter an offer he can't refuse. Devil

Good luck,
Rick 😀[/quote]

I am a little surprised that you could infer in your post that I was other than a 'decent painter' without knowing the full saga of SteveT's request.
I have done many repaints for Members of this community and others. Without exception, I have had comments of satisfaction and gratitude from all of them. Your comment "make the prospective repainter an offer he can't refuse." is offensive to me and all other amateur painters who would not accept payment for their work, You obviously realise that repainting is a tedious job at the best of times which makes your comments even more surprising. SteveT has made an apology by PM which I will not accept as the original slur on my name was made in a public forum and wish his apology to appear in the same medium. You may also take the opportunity to do the same.

ben_davies247 Guest

Hi, I hear that you are a good aircraft repainter and was wondering if you could paint my aircraft for me. i am an amteur to this so you will have to explain how i get the aircraft to you!
Cheers
Ben

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi Davec,

I just saw your incomplete 30% finished project for the aforementioned, and i am impressed!! if mine starts to take shape this way should you accept it, (see pm), then i shall be well chuffed!! 😛

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain

ben_davies247 wrote:

Hi, I hear that you are a good aircraft repainter and was wondering if you could paint my aircraft for me. i am an amteur to this so you will have to explain how i get the aircraft to you!
Cheers
Ben

Sorry it would seem that the repaint posts are getting in a shambles - to put a request in it is much better to start a new thread or we have several unrelated posts in the same thread, to this end I will start a new thread.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...