Please help really weird scenery prob

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Well My fs2004 looks like this now. There is a big white sheet above me and it follows me everywhere. I cant get above it or away its always above me.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

Aliens?

Did you ever see that movie the Truman Story (I think) with that funny Canadian actor Jim Carey?

Seriously, what did you install or change recently?

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

try restarting fs9 or try restarting your comp then try fs9

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

kaz01007 wrote:

Aliens?

Did you ever see that movie the Truman Story (I think) with that funny Canadian actor Jim Carey?

Seriously, what did you install or change recently?

I installed a wings of power p51 and then thats when it happened. Then I found this problem out. I unistalled it and then it still didnt help so then I restored my computer to an earlier time and that didnt change anything either. And I just tried what karl said and it didnt work.

Pro Member First Officer
Colin Reece (Col7777) First Officer

Is it just at one airport or does it do this everywhere, like the above said it normaly is the last thing you installed but you said you removed it, have you installed any other software not relating to FS perhaps?

Col.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Col7777 wrote:

Is it just at one airport or does it do this everywhere, like the above said it normaly is the last thing you installed but you said you removed it, have you installed any other software not relating to FS perhaps?

Col.

Nope this blank white sheet follows me everywhere. Doesnt matter if it is a airport or if I am over an ocean etc. I can not fly over it or get away from it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

looks like you are missing texture files to me... do you use flight environment or any of those add ons?

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

belgeode wrote:

looks like you are missing texture files to me... do you use flight environment or any of those add ons?

In my opinion, as belgeode stated, the installation of that program has deleted some texture files. (or overwritten them)

Consequently uninstalling the program itself isnt going to help.

I believe the only fix would be to uninstall and then reinstall FS9 again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I agree with the above posts that you're missing texture files. I doubt very much however that the installation of the WWII P-51 caused the problem.

You're stating that you restored your computer to an earlier time... the question is really exactly WHEN you did that.

We all know that we shouldn't do it, but we've all done it and will keep doing it in moments of excitement that is, install and/or uninstall more than one item at a time and to top it up we remember that RESTORE OPTION.
Well, that restore option has pulled me out of tight spots on more than one occasion --BUT-- it can become your undoing where fs9 texture files are concerned.
EXAMPLE: You've just installed new scenery and as pointed out by belgeode some of the original scenery files were overwritten. If you decide to do a System Restore NOW, it's likely that the new texture files will be deleted but the old (original) ones won't be restored because they've already been overwritten.
It's happened to me with ground textures once and I've learned my lesson: Never try to restore the original textures with the Operating System's "System Restore" function.

Ok, what to do? Of course Air-Head's suggestion to re-install fs9 will solve your problem. Depending on the amount of add-ons you have this could be a daunting task though. In that case you might be able to recover your original (missing) textures from the CD. Check out Liono's post here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/ -if memory serves, I was able to recover my missing ground textures with MSGAME8.CAB located on disc 3.
If you decide to go down that road, you might lose some of your add-on textures if you have any. It's worth a try... if everything goes haywire you can still re-install fs9 from scratch.

Good luck 😀

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I agree with the above posts that you're missing texture files. I doubt very much however that the installation of the WWII P-51 caused the problem.

You're stating that you restored your computer to an earlier time... the question is really exactly WHEN you did that.

We all know that we shouldn't do it, but we've all done it and will keep doing it in moments of excitement that is, install and/or uninstall more than one item at a time and to top it up we remember that RESTORE OPTION.
Well, that restore option has pulled me out of tight spots on more than one occasion --BUT-- it can become your undoing where fs9 texture files are concerned.
EXAMPLE: You've just installed new scenery and as pointed out by belgeode some of the original scenery files were overwritten. If you decide to do a System Restore NOW, it's likely that the new texture files will be deleted but the old (original) ones won't be restored because they've already been overwritten.
It's happened to me with ground textures once and I've learned my lesson: Never try to restore the original textures with the Operating System's "System Restore" function.

Ok, what to do? Of course Air-Head's suggestion to re-install fs9 will solve your problem. Depending on the amount of add-ons you have this could be a daunting task though. In that case you might be able to recover your original (missing) textures from the CD. Check out Liono's post here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/ -if memory serves, I was able to recover my missing ground textures with MSGAME8.CAB located on disc 3.
If you decide to go down that road, you might lose some of your add-on textures if you have any. It's worth a try... if everything goes haywire you can still re-install fs9 from scratch.

Good luck 😀

Very much thanks guys I am very thankful. Tailhook good to hear from you I havent heard or seen ya here or the topics I usually look in. I did what air-head did and did a reinstall. I had a bunch of add-ons so even now I am still in the process of installing them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good to hear that you're on your way to recovery bawls and that a fresh install isn't too much trouble.

A little reminder: If you're installing freeware scenery that comes with an .exe file, create a temporary folder and target that when you run the .exe.
This way none of your original textures will be overwritten. Then you can back up the original ones before you replace them with the new ones. The manual method, a little cumbersome at times but definitely safer.

Enjoy your fresh install 😎

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Good to hear that you're on your way to recovery bawls and that a fresh install isn't too much trouble.

A little reminder: If you're installing freeware scenery that comes with an .exe file, create a temporary folder and target that when you run the .exe.
This way none of your original textures will be overwritten. Then you can back up the original ones before you replace them with the new ones. The manual method, a little cumbersome at times but definitely safer.

Enjoy your fresh install 😎

Wow much thanks tailhook you saved me from yet another reinstall. That would of made me mad.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...