O'hare

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well its the holidays and all my family members live in chicago and we pass O'hare every time and they're building a new ATC tower and a new runway and united airlines is still repainting there 747's and other planes which i couldnt get a close look at since the trees were in the way so just a little update of O'hare and ill have more throughout December.

Answers 29 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Any chance of posting some shots? 😉

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

yea i hope i can snap some on the way there to Chicago that is if my parents get my new phone from verizon since nextel doesnt know how to make a phone(no offense to anyone who owns one) then i could snap some shots with the phone

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

When I was there in November I noticed that they were working on expanding the airport... supposedly they have put 2.8 BILLION dollars into it already? The citizens of chicago are very upset that the mayor keeps putting more money into it. I hope it looks really nice when I go back.

A very nice airport though! Enjoyed every minute.

Pro Member Trainee
pj2000 Trainee

chicago have verry mony swedish peaple
you now under 1930 com verry mony swedish peaple for that have not so mutche monny this is out of topic but i like spainair i have be in madrid 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

pj2000 wrote:

you now under 1930 com verry mony swedish peaple for that have not so mutche monny this is out of topic but i like spainair i have be in madrid 😀

What are you on about 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

pj2000 wrote:

What are you on about 😳

When you decipher it, please let me know also.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's easy:

There are many Swedish people in Chicago. Prior to 1930 not many Swedish people had too much money.

Off Topic now: I like Spanair because I've been to Madrid.

It helps when you're multi-lingual and ever so talented 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

*AHEM* 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

*AHEM* 😳

What is AHEM?????????????

❓ for Tailhook!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's basically the same as ...erm or ...errm or *cough* or 'Stop showing off you Know-It-All' 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

It's basically the same as ...erm or ...errm or *cough* or 'Stop showing off you Know-It-All' 😁

🍻 ...........But you still are a Geek
Tongue

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's called 'Aristocratic Heritage' 🙂)

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

Oh Tailhook, you shower us all with your talent.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Now stop. Your excellent vocabulary is starting to hurt my brain. I had to look up "Aristocratic" on Wikipedia Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Someone get me my hip waders please... it's getting DEEP in here.

hhahahahahaaha

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Cheeks if you're serious about looking up the meaning of unfamiliar words, get 'WordWeb' : http://wordweb.info/free/ -- it's much faster, uses no resources and you still have the option to search the www for words that are not included in it's database.
After having used it for a couple of weeks you'll wonder how you ever managed without it. This I promise Squire 😛

'bel' I know you do this kinda thing on purpose... I just looked up 'hip waders' 😳
The result is: Word not found, however I'm presented with a Nearest alternative: 'Hiram King Williams' 😳

Go figure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Hey Cheeks if you're serious about looking up the meaning of unfamiliar words, get 'WordWeb' : http://wordweb.info/free/ -- it's much faster, uses no resources and you still have the option to search the www for words that are not included in it's database.
After having used it for a couple of weeks you'll wonder how you ever managed without it. This I promise Squire 😛

'bel' I know you do this kinda thing on purpose... I just looked up 'hip waders' 😳
The result is: Word not found, however I'm presented with a Nearest alternative: 'Hiram King Williams' 😳

Go figure.

I must admit I did know what Aristocratic meant though many words are out there that I probably have never even heard of my life, thanks for that link, its really handy 😀

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Some forums have a "spell checker" available. I think that would be useful here at Fly Away. Read

Later ... Art

Pro Member First Officer

Great idea Captain, please tell me all you know about firefox. 😕

Later ... Art

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

effieveda wrote:

Great idea Captain, please tell me all you know about firefox. 😕

Later ... Art

firefox is a web browser that is less "complicated" than internet explorer and you have the ability to add add-ons and themes that internet explorer could not do and you also have the spell checker thing that really comes in handy when you cant spell many things or you just mess up and personally i think it is better than internet explorer or any other web browser.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks acepilot32, I will check it out.

Art

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

effieveda wrote:

Thanks acepilot32, I will check it out.

Art

no problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're right on the money there Em FIREFOX rules!!!

I must remind you though that a spell checker and a dictionary are strictly speaking not the same thing 😛

IMO, it's good to have both 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Go figure.

Apparently you have never been fishing in a lake....

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2082717&cp=713635&parentPage=family

Smile Not a bad price for 'em either, I may pick some up before summer.

P.S.- Mozilla Firefox RULES!!! Never surf the internet without it!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Holy cow 😳 the lengths people will go to to make themselves look ugly. Don't tell me you're gonna wear those... we all want a picture if you do 😀

Never been fishing in a lake? Are you kidding me? As you know there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Wearing this type of pantaloons I take it you stand for hours on end in the freezing water, nothing to eat, nothing to drink, no chance to light a smoke and probably suppressing mother nature's calls like the truck drivers do.
Not good.
The way we used to do it was lie in wait hidden by tree branches and than jump on the unsuspecting prey, grab it by the throat, tear of it's head and eat it raw. Hardly worked up a sweat... those were the days... we were REAL hunters Whistle

Oh, and by the way, the fish were huuuuuuge Ha Ha

Pro Member Chief Captain

hahahahahaahaa. depends on if I have time to go fishing. More than likely it will be a trip to Florida this summer, which generally involves snorkelling and crabbing as opposed to standing in waist deep water with fishing lure and a styrofoam container attached to you filled with beer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

...Florida? Don't go to Florida... that's where the old people go to look for condos... we'll never see you again Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

I lived there for 20 years... I think i can handle Florida. Besides all my family is there! Got to see them sometime.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...