Cleveland (KCLE) runway missing

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

Hi all. Been a while. Flying into Cleveland (KCLE) noticed the runway 6L/24R is not listed or shown on flight sim 2004.

Happy flying everyone

Jimmy

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I flew with some friends here more years ago than I care to remember. I couldn't wait to go back in the sim to see how MS treated it.
We went in a rented Beech V tail (35)
Nada! It's not listed. BHL (MBHL?)

http://www.2gobaja.com/bahia.html

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

jimmyglockner wrote:

Hi all. Been a while. Flying into Cleveland (KCLE) noticed the runway 6L/24R is not listed or shown on flight sim 2004.

Happy flying everyone

Jimmy

That is interesting. I have flown into KCLE only once (FS9), some time ago. What I thought was 6L/24R is actually 6C/24C. I can understand some grassy airstrip out in the boonies being overlooked, but an international airport in a larg city missing a rwy. I am curious to know how many other inaccuracies MS has in FS9?

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

According to the AOPA airport directory and the FAA's U.S. Terminal Procedure's publication of approach plates there is only two runways at KCLE that go 24-06. 24R-6L, 24L-6R. There has never been 3 going that direction. By the way, I just dropped a 737 on 24R from from New York, so it's there on my sim. You must have a glitch in your sim. There are a couple of small grass strips to the right of 24R however.

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

My FAA VFR terminal area chart dated April 2002 shows only two runways
oriented NE-SW, but my sectional chart dated Oct. 2003 shows three runways oriented that way. It's confusing at the moment.

Did you notice that they made the Terminal Tower look like the British
Petroleum Building? The Microsoft peeps were in a hurry that day. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Having been born and raised in Cleveland I was interested in this "glitch", so I did some research. Here is the complete runway story.

In late 2003 Cleveland Hopkins added a third runway oriented NE-SW. The two outside runways are numbered 6L-24R and 6R-24L. Both runways are 9,000 feet long, and in the real world have ILS approaches available. The 7,000 foot 6C-24C runway does not have an instrument approach available.

Microsoft programed FS9 before the third runway went in, so only two show up in the sim, and only 6R-24L was programed with an ILS. Runway 28 also has an ILS in FS9 and in the real world. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Paiute; You're right. I seem to remember hearing on the news that KCLE was putting a new runway in to allieviate traffic problems. I hope they've solved their rnwy incursion problem. At one time they had the worst record of all regarding that issue. The new rnwy will probably show up in AOPA's 2005 directory--- I hope.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...