Views from Cockpit

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

I ssem to have lost the ability to use all the views from the cockpit. The usual commands don't work anymore. I re-installed FS9 so I am assuming I have not ticked a box.
Any help would be appreciated.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Fatall Trainee

i may can help but your quisten is a little bit strange . so
wich views etc.

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

I mean, side , front , rear etc views. I usually hit shift 9 or shift 8 etc and get the particular view. ie, shift 2 will usually give me a rear view. Now, when I press shift 2 or any other number I dont get any view.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

eyton402 wrote:

I mean, side , front , rear etc views. I usually hit shift 9 or shift 8 etc and get the particular view. ie, shift 2 will usually give me a rear view. Now, when I press shift 2 or any other number I dont get any view.

eyton,

I take it you're referring to the Num Pad. The NumLock key is the solution to your problem. It's a toggle key, make sure the light is on and you'll have your views back. 8 is 12o'clock, 2 is 6o'clock etc.

If the NumLock light is off, you'll be trimming, banking etc. by using the same Num keys.

Note: You won't need to have to use the 'Shift' key at all unless you have a specialized keyboard.

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

Thank you. Pressing shift was the problem. I didnt realise if the numberpad light was on , no need to press shift.

Pro Member First Officer
Colin Reece (Col7777) First Officer

Is the NumLock key pressed in?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

is this for d/loaded A/C?

I do know that some if not most d/loaded a/c do not have full cockpit views... its just the 2D panel, if this is the case you can fix this my just d/loading a new panel.

but if you try to look right,left, or back to just get the outside and if you look back to you get the gear bay and wing bases?

hope this helps! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Col7777 wrote:

Is the NumLock key pressed in?

That's my problem Col, I don't know what is in and what is out that's why I mentioned the light. I suggest the following:

Place a freeware a/c without VC such as a POSKY or iFDG on the tarmac and while in panel (2D) mode of course, try the Num keys on the Num Pad from 1 to 9. If you get different views, you're in business.
Typically the Posky or iFDG views will be as follows:

7=10 o'clock
8=12 o'clock
9= 2 o'clock
4= 9 o'clock
5=low... ground terrain since we have no VC
6= 3 o'clock
1= 8 o'clock
2= 6 o'clock (with many models you'll see a part of both wings and the retracted gear during flight)
3= 4 o'clock

Note: Depending on the model, wingviews will be visible by using either 4-1 or 6-3 respectively.

Additional tip for users of flight sticks.
Depending on the sensitivity of your stick, using the hat switch to get your bearings when your flying a pattern for example, can become a problem because the pressure on the hat switch with your thumb is likely to also change the pressure on your stick. For that reason I have always found it easier to keep my right hand steady on the stick, while using my left hand on the Num Pad to check my position in relation to the RWY I'm approaching.

Needless to say, I'm not talking about combat here. IMO in combat, the hat switch and other buttons your stick might be equipped with is the one to use to get your bearings and/or situational awareness.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...