LANDING

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

Well, since i'm a major n00b, i was wondering if i was landing the plane right. When i land, i always line up with the runway manually. When i get near the runway i get my speed down in the 150-170 zone then i lower the speed and i let the aircraft slowly lower itself (with nose up obviously) onto the runway.

Is this right or completely wrong? I mean... i have my crash thing on and my plane hasn't broken at all... You can see one of the landings that i've done on youtube:

If this is wrong, please help and show me the PROPER way.

Thank you.[/u]

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Fatall Trainee

its i think good but now
if you go 170 kts you are to fast
the landing speed is about 150 160 and thats the maximum.
when you have a aircraft that tells for you the distance to the runway its a bit easyier and in reallive it will do that to.
when you get 50,40,30,20,10 at 10 you set your trottle to idle and then your speed must 155 kts or 150 then it will be perfect.
so you start with a speed of 170 and then you must decrease speed to 160.
when you are closer to the runway 150.
and thats not with al aicrafts but with most of them
and a time before landing put the speedbrakes to arm and when you main gear touches the ground use the reversers

Pro Member First Officer

In the landing that i did which is shown on the video, i touched down at a speed of 140kts. So i guess that is good. I shall take your other points in mind. Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
Fatall Trainee

🙂
no problem mate.

Pro Member First Officer

Hey, with a 747, what should the touchdown speed be?

Pro Member Trainee
Fatall Trainee

uhm
its depending about the weight.
but normaly its about 160 is the touchdown speed so get the speed 170 175 and when youre about the land slow it to 160 or something more and then when he says 10 put throttle to idle.

Pro Member First Officer

When you put your throttle to idle, does it turn off?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

No it does not, just cuts thrust way back.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Thank you my good friends!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...