Clouds giving unnormal drop in fps

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I now have a stronger computer then I did when I had fs9 installed on my prev comp. And I could set all the sliders up to maximum including weather clouds etc but on my new computer I can't even look at clouds other than simple otherwise I get a 10-20 drop in fps Could this be corrected if I reinstall fs9?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

that happened to me once it helped when i reinstalled it should help if not then ill find something 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If this is a new computer off the shelf, you probably have all kinds of junkware running in the background. I would clean that up first. It will affect your FPS when you run the sim.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Thanks I will try to reinstall it as soon as my cd drive works

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Ya just finished that but I just relized that my cd drive isn't working and it happened about a onth ago and it was due to a connectivity problem I inspetec the two wire going to and from the cd drive and they are connected and sucurley fastened and I did all the test and everything is normal it just doesn't see cd's hasn't in a loong time it worked for 3 days before quitting oh well we will fix that eventually

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

If this is a new computer off the shelf, you probably have all kinds of junkware running in the background. I would clean that up first. It will affect your FPS when you run the sim.

excellent advise, it can't be repeated often enough

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...