Help with Hardware settings

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello dear pilots! I re-installed my FS2004 and now I have all my settings messed up. I tried to put some of them in their correct place, but some of them, specially the hardware settings, I don't remeber their place. Can you guys help me set the settings in their correct place? I'm using a GeForece FX5600 video card, so be respectful 🙄 😉. I will buy a new video card later...

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Start at default and slowly work your way up.
Water, clouds, scenery, traffic all are power eaters and should be treated as such.
Mip map-4, use reflective shine, don't check the AA box and I don't know what else to tell you now.
You threw me for a lose there by asking "hardware" settings, I consider all of those software settings but we all have our interpretations don't we.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

In Flight Simulator those settings are located in the Hardware menu.
Anyway, thank you RadarMan. I'll try those settings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Point well taken it is listed under Hardware, my error.
I maxed most of mine out and sacrificed FPS for eye candy, it seemed more realistic even though I sometimes have to fight the stutters.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

What are the rest of your specs Agus?

CPU, memory

That is a very decent video card you have there bye the way.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Michael_H, these are the rest of my computer specs:

Windows XP SP2
1.40GHz
1GB RAM 133Mhz (Memory Bus Speed)
Nvidia GeForce FX5600
2 Hard disks

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Agus,
I think you should be able to get some anti-aliasing out of that card with your system.
Even 2X makes a big difference in how real your airplanes look. Turn it on within the video card proberties, not in the simulator settings.

Try it, and see if you take much of frame rate hit.

>>"Water, clouds, scenery, traffic all are power eaters and should be treated as such."

good advice above from RadarMan

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, thanks guys! I will try the Anti-Aliasing out tomorrow and see the difference. When I ste the Anti-Aliasing in the simulator, I get lower frame rates.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...