go around, again

crosscheck9 Guest

Hi,
Again, today, I was on short final at DFW from Orlando, and I was asked to go around, but he made me travel 23 miles before getting me on base again. That stinks. But you have to take into consideration that I didnt raise flaps, I just increased my IAS and Raised the gear. Was I supposed to raise flaps. BTW, with the 757 download that I have, raising and lowering flaps requires a lot of change in the instruments, unlike the default where you just raise speed.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

On go around for a 757, you do this

1. Call for Max Thrust and flaps at 20 degrees

2. Once positive rate of climb established raise gear

3. At 1,500ft, lower nose to 10 degrees and continue with proper take off procedure for cleaning the aircraft up.

PH Guest

Text book call by FEM. 23 track miles I would keep the speed back to 210 and leave flap 10 out...unless low on fuel. This will give the CC time to issue new pairs of underwear to the nervous passengers!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...