kissing the ground on base....

crosscheck9 Guest

Hi,
On a flight to DFW from Orlando, (same flight mentioned in the topic "go around again", I noticed that as the conrtoller got me on base, I was just a few hundred ft from the ground. I dont understand. That got me a little nervous, but the airport turned out to be lower than the gound on base. Is there anyway to correct this problem. I'd hate to see what would happen if I was flying between the rockies!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Are you using any addon scenery or mesh?

Afcad2 can alter runway hight,

crosscheck9 Guest

nope, no addons

PH Guest

Did you set the altimeter properly?

crosscheck9 Guest

yes

Matthew Short Guest

The ATC always makes you approach too low. I fly for United Airlines in a 734 from Long Beach, CA to Chicago, Illionois. The approach into Long Beach is 2,300 ft. And on the flight simulator they make my fly 1,200 and boy, that is darn close to the ground!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...