All the stuff about football

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Well, this is just talk about Soccer/Footbal.

MAN UTD are gonna beat Arsenal this season!!! 😀

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

What ever cheeks.

In my opinion Arsenal are the team that should and will win the title. They are the embodiment of everything right in football.

They have an erudite manager and players who are exceptionally eloquent when expressing themselves with their feet, a velvet locomotive of playground superstars primed for success. Players like Cesc Fabregas, Emmanuel Adebayor, Alexander Hleb, Mathieu Flamini, Kolo Toure, and Gael Clichy are ones every manager in the league would give their right arms for.

Despite recent domestic wobbles their victory at the San Siro showed exactly what they are capable of, and will offer a whisper of inspiration to every single Arsenal player over the vital coming weeks.

Quote from Ed Bottomley.

Man. U dunno whats gonna hit them !

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

why cant people just call socker 'socker' and yes i see why they call soccer football but there is a sport already called football. so when you guys talk about soccer we think you are talking about football and when we talk about football you guys will think we are talking about soccer. (also i do know you guys are talking about soccer since i have never heard of those teams)

anyways anyone like the patriots?

Pro Member Trainee
Kristian Bowler (pilotkris) Trainee

By Football if one means Soccer as it is more popularly known, then the game is said to have a history dating back thousands of years. There are records of a game called Cuju played in China about 4000 years ago which resembled football in some ways.

In fact there have been mentions of a game somewhat similar to football being played in various parts of the World throughout history. The Greeks, the Romans, the Mexicans, the Japanese and the Eskimos have all played a game involving the use of their legs, a spherical object and in some cases a goalpost at some time or the other in their history.

However, the place that is credited to be the birthplace of modern day Football are the British Isles with records of matches being played between different villages in the middle ages. In fact a recent discovery of a book written by a Scottish teacher, David Wedderburn way back in 1633 describes in detail a match of football played in Aberdeen, Scotland.

According to another story a game closely similar to Rugby was already being played at the Rugby School in 1823 when a player William W Ellis ran the ball into the net thereby giving birth to another form of football better known today as American Football. The date for the start of modern American Football though is said to be 1876, invented by a man named Walter Camp who had supposedly heard the Ellis story.

Few lol

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

why cant people just call socker 'socker' and yes i see why they call soccer football but there is a sport already called football.

Why do you want other country to call there football 'soccer' as football was invented before america was even discovered. !

The first ever game played was 476 BC-221 BC and yes it was not Discovered in britian but the rules where first drawn up at Cambridge University in 1848 in England

And yes Kris is right according to F.F.I.A the first game on record was played in china which originally involved kicking a leather ball through a hole in a piece of silk cloth strung between two 30-foot poles.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I have'nt read a word of all above but i just wanted to say that Cardiff City are in the FA CUP FINAL Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave 👏 👏 👏 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 👍 👍 👍 , i wish i'd walked into a betting shop on January 1st and said i want a pound on Wales to win the Grand Slam at rugby and Cardiff City to reach the FA Cup Final, i wonder what the odds would have been? 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

cough cough, MAN UTD AT TOP OF THE TABLE!! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

any football fan on here who go to the games live 🙂 I have a season ticket at Everton

Re football or soccer, Americans think they invented and own all sports, hence baseball being called the world series where they are the only country involved

Pro Member Trainee
Kristian Bowler (pilotkris) Trainee

GoodisonBlue wrote:

Americans think they invented and own all sports, hence baseball being called the world series where they are the only country involved

LoVe iT yAy 😀
Group Wave Group Wave Ha Ha 👍 Ass

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Locked.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...